“Best residence inn I've ever stayed at!”

Residence Inn Camarillo
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I've stayed at marriott properties all over the country and this was the nicest Residence Inn to date. The evening social had terrific food and quality beer. The hotel was very clean and the hot tub was kept at a great temperature. The breakfast was fully stocked and the service was terrific and unobtrusive.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ericscottwalsh
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Camarillo

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is an upcoming trip; rating, trip sort & stay are not correct. Needed to submit review.
On August 4th I reserved two separate rooms; one for 4 nights and one for five nights using a Marriott offered discounted rate. I use a wheelchair and need a room with accommodations. I contacted Marriott's ADA Consultant who contacted the Residence Inn, asked the hotel representative to block the room. The ADA Consultant informed me the room I needed was only available in a two-bedroom suite and I would be upgraded at no additional rate increase. To the best of my knowledge, the Residence Inn has only one room to meet my disability needs. Complete honesty, a terrific rate for a two-bedroom suite and the same discounted rate our traveling partners received for their room. I am brand loyal to Marriott, a longtime Marriott Rewards member. On August 21st I received a phone call from the Residence Inn informing me my discount didn't apply to the two-bedroom suite and my reservation was (past tense) changed and my 5 day stay was increased $550, almost 60%. For the next hour a Residence Inn representative Tanesha Campanili (spelling may be incorrect) and I went back and forth arguing our positions. She scolded me several times for not letting her finish her complete thought when I believed we were in a conversation. I contacted Marriott's Customer Care Department explained my situation. My call waiting rang and the same Residence Inn representative said my original rate would be reinstated. She explained to me her anger with the ADA person and reservations. I told her that I didn't need the information. My responsibility was to make a reservation and pay for the stay. A reservation should always be a reservation, a very disappointing and atypical Marriott experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fred P
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Overall this is a very nice property. Rooms are spacious and clean. Location is a short drive from everything you need, but not much in the way of food, etc within walking distance except a subway in the gas station across the street. The staff is welcoming and friendly. Free breakfast every morning is pretty good, and a nightly managers reception (food so so). The gym is adequate but really small. Nice outdoor pool. BUT....I would've given this a 4-circle rating if it wasn't for the poor service from the cleaning staff -- the first day they didn't come to my room until around 4:30p... It's disappointing to come back to the room after a busy day and see it unmade, then have them knock on the door just as you sit down. And, on the second day, they showed up at a reasonable time, but the maid left my door propped open with the security latch after she finished, leaving my room and personal belongings accessible to any passerby -- unacceptable service in my book!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank eagle409
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights because we were in the area for a wedding shower. Chose the residence Inn because we had a baby with us and we needed the full kitchen. Also the location was halfway between the places we were visiting. So that worked out very well too. The grounds were very pretty and I took the baby for a walk a few times in the stroller and that was nice. Our room was a little bit far away for us with an infant so if I was in that situation again I think I would ask to be closer to the elevator. But we were on the top floor and that was great.

I love the layout of the residence inn and it's wonderful if you have more than two people. The beds are always comfy. Even the pullout couch was very comfy. Having the kitchen was a must with the baby and that worked out very well. Also because she wasn't crawling yet we would put her in the middle of the king bed surrounded by toys and that worked like a big playpen. She loved it.

Breakfast is always fabulous at a residence and this one was complementary which is even better!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Teaqueen
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hey - this place was perfect - could not have been better really. We are locals of 35 years now - knew where to go. Room was grand - had a suite - kitchen, etc. Perfect and highly recommend. Nice comfortable bed, big screen, full fridge - everything you need to make yourself at home. Was just perfect.

Room Tip: Grab the suite - nice and roomie - away from the freeway - not so much as a peep of noise. Pets no...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel have three kind of suites and the smallest one, the Studio is perfect for a traveller alone. I stayed 10 days and the studio was just big enough to feel comfortable, even the last night.The lobby is old and need a fresh-up, but the rooms are ok. Location is good, near the freeway 101 and close to some good restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the ground level and with view to the inner court.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The wonderful weather (mid 70s daily) and the great location, in addition to the helpful staff made this a really pleasant 3 day stay. Ken at the front desk was very knowledgeable about Camarillo's highlights (good guitar entertainment during Manager's Reception, too). The Manager's Reception had excellent food and drink. (2 people were serving food). Breakfast was a different story, as only one staff member was overwhelmed by the amount of guests eating breakfast. The potatoes and sausage were cold and inedible, and so many guests were waiting for eggs, cups, coffee, milk, etc, they were gone in seconds. We went elsewhere for breakfast. 5 washers and 5 dryers made laundry easy. The mattress was very comfortable. The only negative about the room was that the a/c louvers blow on the bed and cannot be moved. We were able to see the City of Camarillo 4th of July Fireworks Display from the hotel parking lot. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Residence Inn Camarillo? Share your experiences!