“Breakfast ..excellent. Tub in room has disgusting grout...”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Camarillo
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Breakfast ..excellent. Tub in room has disgusting grout. Air conditioner/heater....extremely noisy. Corners not too clean...personnel excellent. Need new pillows.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We loved the place, it is old buy clean. The manager donated us sheets for our crates for our dog rescue. We were in the hotel staying from Canada to bring back dogs from the local shelter. The pool was really, really nice. Warm and clean. Breakfast was hot and fresh every morning. Sudushan went out of his way to help us out. No complaints and we will be back.

Room Tip: We switched rooms to accommodate dogs on the last night. They were all great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I'm a trucker and I came through here because of a recommendation from a friend of mine. The hotel isn't a resort or anything but it has everything you'll need and then some for a stay. I don't normally write recommendations or reviews, but the service by the staff was just so great I had to. The front desk team of Taryn, Nancy and Sudartson went above and beyond their service to tend to my needs. Even the cook Miguel went out of his way to tweak their breakfast menu for me because of my medical needs. I've been to quite a few hotels in my life because of my line of work, but I've never had a staff make me feel at home like this one did. If your coming through Camarillo I'd definitely recommend staying at this hotel because of the staff if not for anything else.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie K
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The staff at this hotel is uniformly pleasant and helpful. I had an issue with my room and it was remedied immediately. The only place I've stayed this year that was better was at my friend's home in AZ! Everyone there is great, but a special shout out to Sutharson!

Room Tip: I did not use the fitness center
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GM_Baymont_Camarillo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to write about your wonderful experience at Baymont Inn & Suites, Camarillo. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for mentioning the name of the employee who went extra mile to make your stay even more enjoyable. At Baymont Inn & Suites, we want to make you feel at home and we are glad that we accomplished that goal. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Disappointed with the broken AC unit, the windows with no screens that wouldn't close all the way, the dirty sheets, and the mold in the bathroom above the door. Because of all of these things I will not consider coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. We really appreciate any feedback, positive or negative as they help us to improve ourselves, correct any issues, and to exceed our guest expectations.
We are extremely sorry to hear that your stay was not up to the expectation. At Baymont Inn, we would like you to feel at home and be comfortable. We have a dedicated maintenance team and all the issues you encountered could have been fixed. i.e. if AC is not working or window has an issue we can have our maintenance department take look at the issue and either fix it or replace the unit.
Most of the issues we can fix quickly, but there may be times that we need more time, and in a case like that we would gladly move you to a different room. It seems like guest did not inform us about these issues during the stay. It would be really helpful for both guest and the hotel if guests bring these issues to us during their stay. Thank you again for the feedback and sorry for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 12 November 2013