“Consistent, clean and convenient”

Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stay in Camarillo a couple of times a year and love this Hampton Inn. Even when they are sold out, as was our recent experience, we felt no crowding, had plenty of great service and it was quiet. The location is outstanding and you may see but never hear the freeway.

Having a central location is great for shopping, dining and getting to the freeway. You can walk to lots of restaurants or take a quick drive to places a bit more upscale like Wood House BBQ. We frequently stay at Hampton Inns and have this one on our Hilton profile as one of our favorites. The front desk folks are always helpful. We got early check-in with no problem.

There are just a few problems: the elevator is really slow. I understand they need to have a delay for handicapped people to get on and off, but when it is a full house, you can wait quite awhile. The pool is accessible through the dining area. It was kind of weird to have wet kids coming through the eating area while we were having breakfast. On one day our hot breakfast was just plain gross with gravy and biscuits. In California, you just need healthier options which they do have with cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt. When I mentioned this upon checkout, I was immediately given a discount so they really are attentive to your criticism and try to remedy the issue in the best way possible. This was very reassuring and a pleasant surprise.

We will always stay here when in Camarillo/Ventura.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators will cut down on noise. If allergic to feathers, let them know.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo

Reviewed 29 May 2013

What a wonderful relaxing week we had at the Hampton Inn, Camarillo. Talk about cleanliness and hospitality, it's all here. From the bed sheets, pillows and comforter to the bathroom, nothing but clean. Added amenities with in room fridge made it possible for me to enjoy my evening fruit cup.
Really enjoyed the complimentary breakfasts and if you're in a hurry they have a breakfast bag you can grab on your way out. Nice. Coffee n tea 24-7.
Five stars to this Hampton.
Bill and Sharon

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor so didn't have the potter patter of activity above.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and it was a great experience. The room was very nice and clean and a very quiet atmostphere. The front desk Manager Jason was very nice and helpful. He even thanked me on my way out. I would stay here again as this was a very great experience. Some friends of mine stayed here in the room next door and they loved the hotel. They said they could not be more pleased. They loved the free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Had no hot water. No compensation for that. Room are depressing, old and very few amenities. By comparison, the Residence Inn by Marriott, which is just about 2 miles away, is the same price but FAR superior to the HAMPTON INN.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 12 May 2013

As a Hilton Honors member, I stay in Hampton Inns whenever possible. As usual, clean, comfortable and quiet.

Would recommend staying here.

Breakfast is always filling. All common areas were well maintained.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

When one travels being rested is a prevailing need. The accommodation must be like what I got at the hotel. Rooms available even outside the time of check in. The hotel is warm like a home, extremely clean, employees make the difference.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. I am pleased we were able to check you in earky and that we met your expectations.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

There is the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good - Good location to the Outlets/ 101, many restaurants near-by, free internet, free breaskfast, rooms were clean and quiet. The bad - the night I stayed appeared to be check-in night for the homeless. The hotel must accept vouchers for stays at their hotel as there was a line from a room on the first floor that blocked the hallway, this was around 8pm so some may never notice this. Why I do not mind this and applaud you for giving back to the community, it was a turn-off to paying guests. I had to fight my way from the parking lot down the hallway that was full of people who did not smell so sweet. In additon, the lobby was full of people waiting for their room assignments, which made it difficult for paying customers to enjoy the lobby. I would suggest using one of your conference rooms for this check-in process so not to take up the lobby and block guests in the hallway. The ugly - I arrived at the hotel at 4:30pm and once I parked my car, I noticed a lot of homeless hanging out in the parking lot, some of which sitting along the curbs to parking spaces...thus I had to choose a different spot. When I left for dinner around 5:30pm I was approached by a homless man who asked me for money while I was sitting in my car. I was suprised to see so many homeless in the area, but when I returned at 8pm as they were checking in it made sense. I never saw one security guard, so perhaps that would be a nice addition. The good points outweigh the others so I gave this a three star.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd Floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Stacey,

I first want to apologize for one of the "Homeless People" approaching you. They actually were not homeless people but were patients of a local facilty for people with special needs that had been evacuated due to the fires. We, as a very involved communtiy hotel, did our part to help the community and these special patitents. They were located in our conference rooms until we were able to check them all into rooms. They did have 8 counselors on site monitoring them and they should have not approched you. I also arranged a private breakfast for them in the same conference room so that our other guests would feel more comfortable. Again I do apologize if you felt unsafe but I can assure you this situatuion was due to the emergency evacuation due to the fires and not the norm.

Michael Reardon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Best Western Camarillo Inn
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Residence Inn Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
#5 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo? Share your experiences!