“Excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Meriden, United States
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed for a few days to see family out here in Camarillo. This Hampton is everything we would want in a hotel. Would absolutely book this place for the next time out. There is not one aspect that would come close to warrant anything less than a five star review. The staff was great, courteous, and accomodating. The rooms were taken care of every day, and the free breakfast was also great, with a variety of breads, cereal, fruit, juices, always and egg and side dish. The beds were very comfortable, and having a nice pool and spa available, along with amenities such as an exercise room, a 'business center' , which allowed me to print out my boarding center, left us without wanting. The location is also a great feature as well, enabling access to the highway and all other points.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I really like hearing when guest really enjoy a stay with us. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well as our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

Michael Reardon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Hampton Inn was recommended as the best place to stay in Camarillo. I have to agree. The staff and the facilities are first rate. My brother lives a couple of miles away and I'll stay there on future visits.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Douglas A
Thank you and your brother for your wonderful comments. I love to hear "Best place to stay in Camarillo". We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

This Hampton inn is right off the 101 freeway. It is also within a short distance to the Camarillo outlet shops and the Camarillo airport. Beds are very comfortable and clean. Manager was very nice and helpful and the free breakfast was great. Would stay again. Well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. I am glad you enjoyed the Camarillo Premium Outlets as well as our hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

Central CA coast
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was showing 2 horses at a dressage show and we had reservations for 2 rooms for Friday and Saturday nights, 8/9-10/2013. My friend had made the reservations at this hotel because the others in the area, that we preferred, did not have any rooms for Saturday night. This one did. When we checked in on the 9th, after dinner, we asked for rooms on the same floor but they couldn't do that. The first I'M SORRY! Then, when I got ready to go down to breakfast the next morning there was a bill under my door for Friday night, saying the room was just for one night. I went down and told the front desk we had reservations for both nights. He said we would have to talk to the 'girl' when she came in. She said the hotel was completely booked and there were no rooms for Saturday night, but she WAS VERY SORRY. Even though we booked rooms at this hotel because they DID HAVE ROOMS FOR SATURDAY NIGHT. She was finally able to extend my room but we had to get all of my friend's stuff and put it into my room as hers couldn't be extended unless there was a cancellation. But they were VERY SORRY. Then at the horse show later in the day, while I was riding, my friend got a call that her room could be extended for that night. That all made for a very stressful and exhausting day, when I really needed to be able to concentrate on showing the horses. We got back to the hotel after dinner and had to get new key cards to our rooms. We went up to my room to get my friends stuff, and my key card didn't work. I was exhausted so I sat on the floor in the hall while my friend went and got a key that would work, with more I'M SORRY'S. They did give us each a candy bar for the inconvenience. Then the next morning, the eggs were not good for breakfast and I felt sick while I was showing my horse. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HAMPTON INN!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
First of all I want to apologize that your recent stay was not an enjoyable one. I did do some research and everything we show including the registration card said one night. I do understand this created a very frustrating situation for you and this is not our goal. That being said I have addressed the front desk staff to make sure that they always read back the dates of stay on every reservation. This plus sharing your comments and frustration with the staff will help us in being a better hotel and better hosts.

Thank you for taking the time to right a review.

Regards,

Clovis, California
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Good place to stay. Friendly courteous staff and I definitely recommend this hotel on your next stay. They had a full on breakfast with waffles, scramble eggs one day and the next one they had delicious omelets. The rooms are very clean and spacious, internet access is fast and reliable. Overall experience: Excellent!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well as our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

Sherman Oaks, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had never been so pleased with a hotel!!! loved every second I stayed there! Their complimentary breakfast was the best!!! Breakfast was delicious and on your way out they have a lunch bag available for you to take to go. How sweet is that? Their business center is free, which makes it awesome when you're on a budget.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your "amazing" comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. I am glad you enjoyed all of our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Location is right off the 101 freeway so it is a good spot to stop on your way between Santa Barbara and LA. The breakfast offers a lot of options. The bed was okay but the pillows were not as comfortable as at other Hiltons.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness as well as providing a comfortable room for every guest. I have addressed the pillow issue with housekeeping and I do apologize that they were not up to standard. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

Michael Reardon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo? Share your experiences!