“Beautiful!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lovely, spotless, lushly-landscaped hotel in a super-convenient setting with an impressive staff. (Everything you could possibly need, too, is nearby: restaurants, gas stations, shopping, freeways). It's great, though, that when you're at the beautiful pool/jacuzzi, it feels as if you're at a quiet, isolated resort. Lovely! The full breakfast is ok, not great. Most Hamptons where I've stayed have had truly wonderful beds. NOT THIS ONE. The sides of our king sloped down, with a hard ridge in the middle. Our backs were killing us in the morning. It would keep me from staying here again, unfortunately.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MichaelReardon, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in providing great service as well as a clean comfortable room. I am sorry we did not deliver on the bed. All of our beds are less than 2 years old and I am on a mission to figure out what happened to your bed. I hope you give us another chance if you are ever in the area again.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Wonderful place to stay and the staff could not be nicer! The breakfast offerings could be more generous and include fresh fruit and yogurt.The rooms were very big and the beds were outstanding!The location of the Inn could not be better and I would recommend a wonderful Mexican restaurant, Yolandas, about one block away from the Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in providing great service as well as a clean comfortable room. We have added more fruit to our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently stayed for 3 nights for a baseball tournament and were very happy with the quality of the rooms, pool, breakfast etc. They were very accommodating considering that our 7 year old team took over the pool and spent the majority of their time wreaking havoc around the hotel. The only downside to our stay was that 3 of the families, including my own had items stolen from their room (my iPad was taken out of my backpack while it was in my room). I spoke with the Assistant Manager Jason about the issue and he refunded the amount of my entire stay so that I could purchase a new iPad. Hampton Inn has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and they honored it as any good company would. As a side note: when we filed the police report the deputy said they have never had a report of theft at this hotel, and the hotel staff said the same. This was clearly an isolated incident and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

In town for a wedding. Check in was easy and quick. After check in, the front desk never looked up to say hi or bye, just kept busy. It was fine. CA friendly I suppose. We were a little bit leery of what our food choices were, but there was alot of options once we looked on Google and Yelp! There is a free bfast in the AM, but we never ate there.

Stayed on the 3rd floor - Elevator was a little slow from the lobby, but spacious for a good amount for luggage and people. There were alot of business travelers staying here. Had a king room and it was an average sized room. The bed was comfortable, but they give you these smaller than average pillows now that make it awkward at 3am when your wondering where your pillow is. Room was clean. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. This helped with snacks. They were both clean.

Bathroom was spacious for a big guy. Careful for the slippage factor in the shower. Not sure what they use to clean, but it can be slippery. Good, clean bathroom.

Overall, there was plenty of parking, no parking fee, no noise, near the freeway and close to the outlets! Not the cheapest, but not a good stay overall! We will be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are busy - For some quiet, get a 2nd floor and above.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MichaelReardon, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in providing great service as well as a clean comfortable room. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at this location as an alternative to spending twice the money for a room in Santa Barbara. This was our first time staying in the Hampton Inn chain and we were very pleasantly surprised by a number of factors. Our King suite was very spacious, it was great being able to spread out after staying in a number of much smaller rooms on our trip. The room itself was very clean and the air conditioning worked well without drowning the room in noise. The breakfast provided to guests had a number of wholesome offerings.

The hotel itself is conveniently close to a number of places including the Getty Museum, Reagan Presidential Library, Santa Barbara, Highway 1, and both LAX and Burbank airports.

Our experience at the Camarillo location has added Hampton Inn and Suites to our list of comfortable, reasonably priced places to consider staying on future trips.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in providing great service as well as a clean comfortable room. I am pleased you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well as your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The title says it all. I have no complaints about the hotel. I had everything I needed in the room: amenities, quiet, and fast internet connection which is a must for my work travel. Recommend it!! The title says it all. I have no complaints about the hotel. I had everything I needed in the room: amenities, quiet, and fast internet connection which is a must for my work travel. Recommend it!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in providing great service as well as a clean comfortable room. I am pleased you enjoyed our amenities as well as your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My week long visit here was wonderful! All amenities and accommodations were excellent! Awesome breakfast, great hot tub and pool! Oh, did I mention happy hour at 5:30 til like 7:30 very nice to relax after a day at work! Grace at the front desk, she is a great tour guide for things to do and directions!! Thanks Grace!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in providing great service as well as a clean comfortable room. I am pleased you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, Managers Reception and our Pool/Spa. It also pleases me to here that Grace and my staff left a nice impression on you. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again.

Michael Reardon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
#5 of 10 in Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo? Share your experiences!