“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

This hotel is very convenient to the outlets and some restaurants. The staff was very nice. My room was really large with a fridge and microwave. The hotel is near the freeway and although I did not hear any noise from my room, you definitely hear the cars when you are by the pool. An iPod would help with that. Nice breakfast choices (hot and cold). It's a very nice stopover hotel, but I wouldn't want to stay for long periods of time.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

As a business traveler, I notice the cleanliness and technology in a room. Walking into the room, I noticed the beautiful flat screen TV and fresh decor. Most importantly, the room for spotless and extremely clean without an reminders of the previous guest.s

The front desk crew were very helpful and eager to please. I would definitely come back to this hotel as breakfast was a nice addition at no additional charge. Thank you Camarillo Hampton was a great stay!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

This hotel has a wonderful, convenient location and made for a pleasant stay in every way. Clean, comfortable and quiet. This was our second stay and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

I was upgraded to a suite which was very airy and spacious with a separate kitchenette area, sitting area and sleeping area in the same large room. The property is very sprawling and is unusual because of its Spanish architecture which is not the usual Hampton at all. It is a little odd to drive into it off the street as the property is at an angle. The pool and spa are outside but are quite nice. The property seemed to be crowded based on cars in the parking lot yet seemed very empty. Would recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Palatine, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2008

We booked our stay 3 months in advance. My father-in-law lives in Camarillo - 5 miles south on the 101. I called the hotel directly to find out if their rates were competitive with the online AAA rates. They were the same, so I booked with the reservationist at the hotel & had a confirmation number. I called again 2 months later to upgrade to a King suite because I had to guarantee a refrigerator for my daughter's antibiotic that she had to take the whole trip. Price went up slightly - the price varied all week because it was a Sat-Sat stay & prices are different during the week. When I made the reservation, I asked if I planned on leaving for 2 nights & coming back (went to Disney - Candy Cane Inn), what would they do price-wise? Well, they said, they would honor the rate I was quoted & would just make a "new" reservation for the second part of the stay when I checked in on that Saturday.

We checked in & the young lad helped me make a "new" reservation for Thu-Sat after we decided to stay at Disney Tue & Wed that week. With the guarantee that I'd get the same rate.

First Sat-Tu stay - PERFECT stay, quiet hotel, CLEAN, King suite was quite large & had sink and fridge. Very comfy bed. Great service. Good hot breakfasts too! Very generous with cereal, eggs, muffins, pastries, cereals, coffee. Warm cookies in the afternoon also. Needs more seating though for weekend breakfasts.

As I went to check out Tuesday, the same young lad who checked us in was at the desk. Here's how the conversation went: me: "I wanted to confirm that we'll have a king suite when we return Thursday.". Young whippersnapper: "Oh, well, you'd need a new reservation". me: "Uh, I do - you made it for me Saturday when I checked in." him: "I think I"ll have to check that - here's the rate quote when you checked in. But, the rates are wrong, you'll have to pay more." me: "why? Remember the rate sheet you had me sign? well that showed that I would be paying the rate I made at the initial reservation. My understanding is that the reservation is to hold a room at a specific rate and type of room.". Him : uhhhhhhh. me: "Can I talk to your manager?" 20 minutes later of arguing with the manager, she HUFFILY agreed to "lower" the rate to the RATE THAT ONE OF HER EMPLOYEES GUARANTEED me - IN WRITING for the return stay. She tried to tell me I was getting online rates, not the going rate at the hotel. I disagreed considering I got this rate quoted by her employee as I checked in. She was pissed.

We returned Thursday - checked in with no problem (surprising!) - same young lad was back. They gave us a smoking room - could tell when we walked in. I go back downstairs - we need a nonsmoking room as we have an infant & that's what we reserved. "no mam, that's a nonsmoking room" Trust me kid, a nonsmoker can tell a smoking room when she walks into one. And, I mentioned, it was the only room on the 3rd floor that the nonsmoking plaque wasn't attached at the door. Hmmm. Lad at desk offered me a bottle of Febreeze - OR - I could get a new room. DING DING DING. new room. Friday we went out ALL DAY, came back at 11pm, found our room hadn't been made up. Oh well. We asked for more towels & went to bed. Saturday - they ran out of breakfast food.

Overall, great hotel, CONVENIENT as can be for 101 access, super-close to Outlets, I'll definitely go back despite the few unprofessional idiots that work the desk. The kid was polite as ever, but just not "up" on customer service.

Calls later to Hilton to complain about the reservation issue - who ever heard of a hotel not accepting their own confirmation????? got us a refund of 1 night's stay and an apology from the other female manager who was super-nice. Great value.

• Liked — location, location, location ... and GREAT comfy beds
  • Disliked — one of the managers didn't want to honor our written confirmation rate made by her front desk
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2008

-Very pleasant and helpful staff (emailed my bill for me, rang me when I received snail mail)
-Free breakfast.
-Free Wifi.
-Free parking.
-Great location next to the Camarillo Outlets.
-Close freeway access to the 101.
-Loved the king size bed.

Overall great stay. Would stay here again.

• Liked — free breakfast was great
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

Awesome. Clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. Breakfast was great too. Would love to stay there again!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo? Share your experiences!