“PTOMAINE POISONING”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had PTOMAINE POISONING three or four years ago. It was from a tuna melt. I have never eaten there again. I told them and they didn't seem to care. Before that I liked the place and ate there on a weekly basis with my husband.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Grill is often overlooked in any discussion of "eateries" in Camarillo and that is a pity since there are some good choices on the menu. The restaurant ambience is "Bar and Grill" not a particularly great place to take Kids but otherwise quite acceptable.
Staff are very responsive and friendly.
The specials are worth trying someone has mentioned their Ahi Tuna let me suggest their liver and onions which are worth a visit in themselves:)
Someone has asked why not busy I would concur

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I did not have a good experience. A reservation was made for 7:30PM and we were seated. The staff was very courteous but the prices were rather high plus charging extra for salad. I ordered ribs which came with coleslaw and fries, but the menu didn’t indicate the sides. if it had I wouldn’t have ordered the extra salad. In addition, the coleslaw was no good and they wouldn’t substitute for it. We were also rushed through our meal — serving the entree before we finished our salads; giving us the bill before we finished eating. As we left we saw they were closing up so we asked when they close and they said because it was Christmas eve they were closing at 8 and it was quarter to 9. Well, that’s fine if they want to close early on Christmas eve, but they shouldn’t have taken our reservation for 7:30; they should have just said they were going to close early and we could have come at 6:30. This experience cost $80- and we were there 1 hour and 10 minutes. And to make matters so much worse, I suffered symptoms of food poisoning the next day. I reported them to the health department the following Monday when I was finally feeling better. I hope they had a nice Christmas, but they ruined mine.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

we liked the food very much: sunday special prime rib. waiter knew the regulars and gave them much more attention and service. closed early on saturday night , so we went back on sunday night. not busy: why?

1  Thank lauriehart
Reviewed 14 May 2013

LOVE their seared Ahi! It gets a little noisy at the peek hours. Service is Great, People are nice, relaxed place.