“FROM A CONVIENENCE PERSPECTIVE”

Best Western Camarillo Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 20 June 2013

You can't beat it, you have the Outlets almost within walking distance, you have PLENTY of places to eat within walking distance. The hotel itself is a bit old, but the rooms are clean and mine was spacious (King) the staff in the breakfast room hospitable, and the staff at the front desk accomodating. What more can you ask for. Very convienently located right off 101 North. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LTJR

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stay at this hotel each time I come back to visit family in the area and each time the standards are the same. Basic, clean room and amenities. Heated pool was nice and clean. Though this time it did not pass my hair behind the bathroom door test (!) as I scan for cleanliness. In fact the bathroom door was full of dirty fingerprints and there was food left in the mini fridge. My issue this time was more about the lack of customer service. Each time I approached the front desk (3 times) I got a different employee, yet all three were equally unhelpful. For instance, when I turned on the air conditioner to cool the room it was overwhelmed with the odor of mildew. Setting off our rooms occupant's asthma immediately. The other option to sleep in a non stuffy room was to open the window, which as a safety issue did not let me sleep peacefully. When I asked the front desk about the odor, and about the possibility of switching rooms, due to our asthma, I got a "yeah well that happens. We usually have them cleaned and serviced once a year, and well, this is about the time we should be doing it." So, he admitted that they were dirty. No apology or offer to move. And then replied "I'll have maintenance take a look at it" while turning his back and walking away. Funny, I thought, you didn't even ask which room I was in!!
One morning I came into the lobby to get some of the coffee they have already brewed and the clerk yelled over the desk, you KNOW there is coffee in the room. I explained that I didn't want to wake my sleeping family by brewing so early...but felt like I was supposed to apologize?!
The BEST part of the room is the mattress, I have never slept so soundly in the last 10 years. But trying to find out the mattress brand was like pulling teeth. I just wanted to know the brand, or where they order them, and they were like "I dunno" with a shrug. Not even a, "well let me see if I can find out." Two calls to the manager resulted in being sent to voicemail, still unanswered. I guess you get what you pay for. But still, at $89 a night would it kill them to at least pretend to be helpful?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mandalaybeach
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is an older property, but we were fairly impressed. The rooms have obviously been recently re-done. The bathrooms are nice, and there is both a sink with counter in the bathroom and a separate vanity area (with no sink) outside the bathroom. The rooms were quite big. And we liked that plugs had been located so that they were easily accessible at the table, for phones and computers. Not obvious from the description, but there was free unsecure wi-fi for the whole project and it was good signal and fast. Oh, and the beds were very comfortable.

The pool was really, really warm. One of the nicest temperatures for jumping in a pool I've ever experienced. The pool wasn't large and the hot-tub was really small (said 4 people max...and was probably accurate). But we had it to ourselves, so that was OK (2 adults, 2 boys, 6 & 8).

Any negatives....well, some people said the walls were paper thin...and this could be. We were lucky with a storage room on one side of us and my in-laws on the other. But didn't hear much of the nearby freeway. The continental breakfast was truly continental, and the room was too small and laid out so that everyone getting their food was in each others way. Simply if an included high quality breakfast is a priority....not the place. If you like that you can get something to fill you up first thing in the morning for not additional cost, but it might be a little bit of a pain because of possible congestion (in other words you might need some patience)...then it was great.

Staff was helpful, and we were able to check-in early.

My brother-in-law was paying so I don't really know the value. I'd say they were nice rooms and a nice pool in an otherwise economy setting, that is close to restaurants and shopping, so judge the price accordingly. Within shouting distance of $100 on busy times seems fair...a bit less at off times.

Room Tip: No elevator to access upstairs, if that matters to you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank elwood9
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our request was received except for the towels are for 3 people and our reservations are for 4. But it was fine I usually bring an extra towel. Place was close to the outlets and near good restaurant. Front desk clerk needs a little knowledge of nearby locations for directions. But overall it's recommendable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We made a last-minute decision to stay in Camarillo (to support my wife's outlet shopping addiction) and settled on this hotel. And we are so glad we did as we really liked this place. As well as being great value for money, the rooms are good-sized, nicely maintained and well cleaned. The bathroom was also large and very good, and our bed provided a great night's sleep. Location-wise it's handy to several food options and is easy distance to Camarillo's Premium Outlets.

We will be more than happy to come back.

Room Tip: Eggs 'n' Things provides a fantastic breakfast if you want to get away from the hotel, and i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WH0A
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The rooms here are very large and comfortable and clean. They were undergoing refurbishments and there was digging going on so it was a bit noisy. Near to the outlets and some restaurants. Pool area a bit small but was open and hubby enjoyed the hot tub. Breakfast was very nice in a room across from reception. Plenty to choose - cereals, oatmeal, yoghurt, fruit, fresh waffles, toast, eggs, bagels....what more could you want. I would definitely stay in this Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2013

If a quiet and clean room is your primary criteria, this place fits the bill. A bonus, it is within 5 minutes of the Outlets --if you are into shopping.

Breakfast was nothing fancy, it is after all less than a business class hotel so one does not expect one. Have low expectations and you will not be let down.

Room Tip: ask the receptionist for the key to your room, prior to agreeing to it. A quiet room may still face...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Onepinoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Best Western Camarillo Inn? Share your experiences!