“Quality Inn needs to be Ashamed!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The 1st room we checked into had no headboard and sheets were dirty as well. The carpet looked like it was never vacuumed and soiled. The shower looked dirty and half cleaned plus old. The ceiling was recently repaired poorly and room had a smell to it. The second room was two doors down room and the sheets were dirty again and carpet is soiled and filthy. You can't bolt lock the door and it just horrible we will not stay here again. This was last minute and everything was booked..

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Average everything. Staff did their job but defiantly did not go out of there way to be friendly or helpful. The room was not dirty, but old. The pool looked very small and not well maintained. Breakfast was cereal, toast, yogurt and fruit as well as assorted juices and coffee. The location is not in walking distance of anything. Over not a great stay but not too bad. I would probably not stay there again.

Room Tip: You need a car ! Ask for a room on a higher level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My wife and I had to unavoidably attend a family affair in Ventura during the overcrowded Father's Day/Graduations weekend and as our usual hotel, Hampton inn, Camarillo, was fully booked, we stayed at this hotel. It looks fine from the outside but inside it's a different story; it's a very old structure.

Our worst experience was unacceptable sleep quality. There was an awful VERY LOUD noise, like that of a huge turbine or compressor, that started at 10 pm, stopped at 10:30, restarted at 10:45 and went on and off, as a result of which it was impossible to fall asleep. In addition, the walls are so thin that the noise of showers and toilet flushes in nearby rooms were heard very loudly. There was an awful stench coming out of the sink's drain hole. The vanity is hopelessly small. And it was impossible to try the tiny free breakfast area that was massively overcrowded by guests.

The hotel seems to have been built in the distant past and is situated in an industrial and farm area.The beds were fine and the TV was of the old type. The Front Office clerk was helpful and courteous but there was nothing he could do to improve the quality of our stay. We had booked Sat. and Sun. nights, but on Sunday morning we hurriedly checked out and thankfully found one vacancy at the nearby Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Upon entering the establishment, we were greeted by the RUDEST person I've ever met. His name was Justin, and he told us that only three people were allowed to stay in our room and when asked if we could have an extra blanket and towel, he told us we could go to Target and buy one if we wanted one so badly. I asked if we could talk to the manager and he said he was the manager "sort of" and that NO ONE else was working with him. He was the only one in charge. He was the rudest person I have ever encountered. I left a message for the that actual manager that I am sure has already been deleted. Do not stay here unless you enjoy verbal abuse and buying your own toiletries.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Everyone has their own perceptions, but we stayed in the back of the back building upstairs and it was quiet and had the immediate necessities: Fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker. The room was clean. We had booked 2-3 nights but it was convenient to the surrounding beach communities and the price was fair.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This motel is located at a bit of a lonely spot off of the 101 Central Avenue exit adjacent and across from fruit orchards. You'll have to drive for food, but the bulk of the shops, restaurants, and filling stations are just down the freeway either direction. Just don't depend on arriving late and using the motel's vending machines for any kind of late night nourishment. The best you will get is a microwaveable bucket of macaroni and sauce. However, my room did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, so bring food in. The bedding was rather ordinary. Room lighting was sparse and the toilet flushed with little power. Though this is a budget lodging, the morning breakfast does include meat and eggs which make it an upgradeable perk. For families, there's a small pool and hot tub exterior to the office. Parking is ample including some room for trucks. During the week the motel offers free copies of the USA Today newspaper. The beaches of Ventura County are only about a 15 minute drive - traffic-free if you use a map for farm roads rather than a GPS that favors highway driving. But I wouldn't stay here if you wanted to be by the beach. I think you can get the same price much closer to the shore. This is best if you're visiting friends in the area or shopping at the regional outlet mall.

Room Tip: Not the first floor
Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I got this room at the Entertainment Book discount rate. I made the reservation online, and figured out when would be the best time to get there since it said that check-in time was at 3. I got there a little after 2, and they let me check in. I got to my room, and at first, it looked okay. I hooked up my laptop, got the password from the front desk, and logged in. Once I went to the bathroom, my perception changed. There was a spider in the sink, ants on the counter and floor, and small black mystery bugs on the floor as well. I really didn't think too much of them until they started biting me. Trying to use the wifi was a nightmare. It was slow and it wouldn't let me access certain things, like games. Plus, at the breakfast in the morning, the milk was sour. It was nasty! I wanted to complain to the manager at check-out, but a bunch of employees were chatting and since I was in a hurry to leave, I didn't bring it up. I don't think I'll ever stay at this particular hotel again. Yuck!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rmonges
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Best Western Camarillo Inn
Best Western Camarillo Inn
#2 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!