“Horrible!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is the worst we've seen in the Quailty/Comfort chain. Noisy, unclean rooms, poor service. No coffee, no ice. Continental breakfast, ha! No food left at 8:15am So under staffed, out dated, and in need of alot of attention. Sadly booked those Choice Privileges and didnt ask the star rating.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank rondanoh

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Run down, noisy, dated, dark creepy parking lot. Had a front room over the pool, noise continued very late. Happily, the freeway noise drowns out most everything else. Difficult to access from the freeway as it is not close to an off ramp. No shops, restaurants nearby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wosli3
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Arrived here late the evening of April 27th after traveling cross-country. I was so disappointed by this hotel. The best way to describe it is "dilapidated". I was not at all comfortable staying in the room but it was too late at night to change hotels. Everything looked as though it needed to be replaced from the lobby to the room. The bathroom was at best functional. The desk clerk was rude when I called to try to find the hotel as my GPS misdirected. It was really a terrible experience and I could not wait to check out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a great nights rest! The bed was just firm enough! The shower worked like a charm. The breakfast was plentiful and had great variety! It was close to a variety of restaurants. The staff were friendly. I'd be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here last night. We normally stay in Comfort Inns which we love because they are consistantly very nice and usually $65-$95, but alas they were all booked in the Camarillo area. It was late so we stopped and stayed at this Quality Inn. What a misnomer! It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it stunk of cigarettes or Lord knows what. The carpet had stains all over it. The ceiling had stains all over it. The WiFi didn't work so I had to use my iPhone as a hotspot to use my laptop. And all this for $135! I will never stay in a Quality Inn again. I've stayed in Marriots, Hyatts, Hiltons, Holiday Inns, Sheridans, you name it, and the best hotel for the money is Comfort Inns.

Room Tip: Stay at a Comfort Inn, not Quality Inn.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveGisriel
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I am not one to complain. This is my first complaint ever for Choice Hotels. I stay with 60+ nights a year and everyone at my company uses them.

1. Shower was not functional. The little "post" that needs to be lifted from the tub faucet to engage the shower head was completely broken. We were unable to shower and had to use the sink just wash up.

- When checking out, I let front desk know an asked to have the General manager (Jim Oneil) call me when he got in. I never received a call. I left Jim a voicemail a few days later and he never returned my call.

- I finally called choice hotels direct and asked that my stay get refunded. Choice had to call GM Jim Oneil directly (with me on hold) to confirm I stayed there and that the shower was non functional. Jim told choice the shower was functional and that he would not refund the stay. He basically said I was a liar.

The GM at this property in not very professional!

I am not a complainer, as I chose to book this "cheaper" location. Some of the things in the room are common among these lower grade hotel. Hotel old and dingy. Room smelled like smoke. 1 small cockroach crawling around on wall in hotel bathroom.

Drive to the coast and get a nicer hotel....

Suggestion:Drive into Santa Barbara and stay somewhere nice. This town is a dump. Manger is unprofessional.

Reason for Trip:vacation

Travel Companions:Family

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Drive to stay in Santa Barbara. This town is a dump....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BusinessCasual2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I usually read reviews of hotels prior to booking. I didn't do that for this hotel because Quality Inn usually has good standards. So when I read all the horrible reviews for this place, I thought I was headed for disaster. I can honestly say that I had comfortable stay at this one. My room (321) was very clean and spacious. The fridge and television worked fine. The bathroom had all your basic needs and was clean. The staff on duty were very courteous and professional. The free breakfast isn't anything to brag about but filling. They had cereal, bread and bagels, fruits, juices, tea, coffee, hard boiled eggs, omelettes, and sausage patties.The only negatives about this place were that the Wi-Fi signal was extremely weak where I was staying and there aren't any restaurants within walking distance. You will have to have food delivered or drive a couple of miles if you get hungry. Other than that, my stay was okay. I paid the military price. So with taxes, my stay cost $71 for one night. Good luck with finding someplace in Camarillo at that price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business