“Excellent facilities, convenient location”

Courtyard Camarillo
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Alaska
“Excellent facilities, convenient location”
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I am inclined to give most Courtyard hotels a "3" across the board, but the property in Camarillo is well above this average in terms of location, condition, and staff. This hotel is tucked behind some shops and restaurants just off US 101 (Ventura Freeway) at the Santa Rosa Road/Pleasant Valley Road exit. Even though you'll likely travel by car, you can park at the hotel and walk to a wide variety of dining establishments, and the Roxy Stadium 11 theater is right across the street.

I was upgraded to a suite (room 278), which was comparable to in size to many Residence Inns and similar. There was no danger of claustrophobia or stubbing my toe in the dark, since the sitting room and bedroom were huge. The room had two TVs, a mini-fridge, and a microwave. Despite being a no-smoking property, the room did carry the odor of stale cigarette smoke, and I doubt a serious effort had been made to rehab the room properly.

Staff were friendly, check-in/out efficient, and the breakfast buffet ($10) was pretty good. Eggs, bacon, sausage, lots of breads, yogurt, cereal, waffles, etc. are on deck. You can also get eggs to order. The outfoor pool appears to be well kept. Guests can also take advantage of a decent exercise room and a coin-operated laundry, so it's almost like a home away from home.

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area. It's just too good to pass up.

• Liked — Located conveniently to many restaurants; condition of facilities
  • Disliked — Stale smoke odor in the room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Aurora_Guy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2008

Hotel backs on to the highway so made sure you do not have a room backing onto it as it can be very noisy. Staff not the friendliest, breakfast not great. The Bisro 13 across from the hotel in great - highly recommended for a meal.

Location is good for those travelling from SFO to LA - outlet mall nearby for those who like shoppong!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 19 March 2008

This is 1 of 2 hotels contracted with my company for business trips. I have stayed in the Hampton twice before, but my colleagues on both occassions stated that this is nicer. For this particular trip the hotel had availability so I booked.

Service: The front desk staff were welcoming and provided good service.

Room: The room was clean and set up in the normal Marriott style. The bathroom, however, was crawling with mold. I immediately requested another room. I thought the second room was better, until later when I showered and discovered mold veering out from the top of the wall paper. Further, the shower never got hot. After 15 minutes turned all the way up, I was able to obtain little more than luke warm. Typically I am not too picky with hotels, and this is my very first review. But I am very disappointed in this hotel.

Food: The breakfast buffer is OK but for a pretty hefty price tag.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank BusinessTravel2008
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2008

Really friendly check in staff, but I got off to a bad start when they gave me a key to an occupied room. Luckily nobody was there, but it dented my confidence in security a little. They were very apologetic and there were no further problems during the stay. Room was OK, slightly tired and not as fresh as the new Courtyard in Agoura Hills. But , very close to the freeway and the Camarillo outlet shops. There's a great restraunt called Safire across the car park from the Courtyard, it is well worth a visit.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Being checked into an occupied room
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Ely19999
Malvern
Reviewed 11 January 2008

Booked into this hotel after a very short notice change of plan. The staff were very helpful throughout our stay and left out cookies on the reception desk in the evening for guests. A great touch, especially with a 5 year old in the party!!

There is a fantastic mall down the freeway and the staff at the hotel were able to give recommendations to local restaurants within walking distance and whether they were suitable for families.........or not!

Rooms were the twin double room and were very comfortable and clean.

Situation was very convenient, just off the freeway.

I would return to this hotel.

• Liked — Cookies on the front desk
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank virago535
California
Reviewed 12 April 2007

We stayed at this hotel on a Priceline bid for 1 night on the way to Northern CA. We checked in very late around 11pm and were greeted by friendly staff. We were asked if we preferred upstairs or downstairs. We did notice coffee and tea as well as candy but did not notice the fresh fruit. The room was a true non-smoking room so we were happy. It was close to the parking lot so we did not have to go very far. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed April 2007
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 2 January 2007

I've stayed here twice. First time was ok -- nice enough basic room with great bed (love the marriott bed). Still, the room smelled like someone had recently smoked in it and the housekeeper had dropped a bleach or something in it to cover up the smell. We left the window open and slept ok, but for $123 expected more care. Anyway, we then returned a few months later and the first room we were given reeked of solvents of some kind -- smelled likely newly glued carpeting -- even my partner who has no sensitivities was getting sick to his stomach, so we asked to switch rooms. A huge pain as we'd already unpacked. The staff were helpful, and we ended up in a room that merely smelled stall -- a big inprovement! Anyway, I'm going to be looking elsewhere for accomodation in the area since the cleanness of the air isn't something I can depend on at this Marriott. On noise, we could hear others in their rooms but it wasn't too intense. Freeway noise wasn't loud on the "away" sides of the building.

• Stayed December 2006
2 Thank Lanya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Courtyard Camarillo? Share your experiences!