Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura
US$153
US$131
US$188
US$169
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswafflesroom was cleancontinental breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay here againfast foodgreat pricefreewayoutletsshoppingmicrowaveventuracaliforniastarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our stay was OK. The mattress was VERY comfortable. Staff was extremely courteous. Our room was clean but had some rusty fixtures that needed updated. Hot tub was hot, ice machine worked. We were happy. Worth the money we paid and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Because of a family crisis, I had to spend three months at the Days Inn,Camarillo,Calif. The staff was very supportive, went out of their way to help make things go smoothly. The service waas excellent. Staff was friendly, efficient ,and always courteous.Housekeeping staff was excellent, and my large room was kept really clean. I found the breakfast to have a variety of healthy choices, and the breakfast area was always clean and well supplied with all items. The pool and spa were well maintained, and the area around the pool was always clean. The fitness room had good equipment and was also kept clean. There were many families here, and the kids were having a good time.Great location-close to outlets, restaurants, and supermarket.

Room Tip: All the room seemed good. I had an end room on the North side and found it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

the location is close to the outlets, a lot guest is doing their shopping, big luggage is possible, if elevator is available, that could be good help. Room is big and very good. Hope breakfast can have more choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The bed in this motel was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a motel. That was the only good thing I could say about this place.

First, when I got in the shower I noticed that the curtain was hanging at an odd angle. It appeared that some prior guest had pulled the curtain for one reason or the other and pulled the mountings out of the back tiles, causing the tiles to break, and others that were down the wall to crack. The repairs consisted of caulking liberally slathered haphazard in to the cracks, and mounded over the bracket, thus holding the curtain up, but barely. Then, when I turned on the shower, I noticed that the head had many holes that were clogged and not spraying. But I will say it had good water pressure.

I then tried to get on to the "Free WiFi" that is advertised. When I had checked in they gave me the password and told me to connect to whichever of the Days Inn router signals was strongest (there are four buildings, and I guess there must be four routers with separate antennas). I tried to get on to the first two, and while I could connect to the routers, neither allowed me to connect to the internet. I tried the next strongest, which was pretty weak. This one connected to the internet, though it was extremely slow, and I kept losing connection due to the weak signal. The fourth was too weak to connect to. I brought this up to the staff in the morning, and was assured that the routers would be reset and the problem fixed. The next night it was the same story, however. So if you need internet for business or clamoring kids, don't depend on it here.

I woke up the morning after my first night and went to brew coffee. There is the standard 4 cup brewer and the individual single use brew pack typical of most hotels and motels. I ran a pot of water through the machine before brewing, just to rinse it from the last guy who may have used it. The amount of solids on the bottom of the pot was alarming. It looked like I had captured some ocean water and the sand settled. There was a mass of rust colored sandy grit on the bottom. I happened to have a quart of vinegar so I tried running half of it through the pot to clean it. The amount of sediment and gunk increased 3 fold. I ran more water through. Then the other half of vinegar and two more pots of clear water. The amount of nasty gunk never decreased. I finally gave up and went to Denny's for my coffee. So, caution before using the coffee pots. You never know what gunk is being caught by your filter but you are still drinking.

Now for just general issues. The lamp over the writing table was unplugged when I came in. Closer inspection showed it not to have a bulb and it was broken and sat at a cockeyed angle. Both of the bedside lamps that were mounted on the wall were mounted incorrectly and "see sawed" back and forth. The electric receptacles had broken plastic and some of the cover plates were not mounted correctly. In the "closet" area in the back of the room the shelf above the hanger rack had nearly a quarter inch of dust, obviously not something that was cleaned regularly. There was also a sink and counter outside the bathroom to the far back of the room. It had one of the "Delta" brand faucets with the single star shaped plastic handles that rock back and forth to adjust the temperature. When I turned it on to shave all the clothes that I had laid out got soaked. Water came gushing out from under the handle and streamed all over the counter. Obviously maintenance and housekeeping are slip shod at best in this motel.

I also had a Pepsi machine right next to the entrance of my room. This seemed to attract hordes of drunk surfer types that were congregating and partying in the parking lot until nearly 1 AM. They dropped change and bellowed to their friends across the lot until they went to their rooms. I guess the management also does not care about the guests being able to sleep.

Overall I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who wants value. I would have moved the first night if not for the fact that I had booked online and there was a no refund policy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great nights sleep. The room was large, the bed was great. There was a frig and microwave in the room too! The price was very reasonable. Would stay again and would recommend it. Can't think of any more to say!

Room Tip: There are a couple of good eating places near by. There is a Thai, Sushi, Marie Callanders, a breakfast place too.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business