“motel HELL”
Review of Motel 6 Camarillo

Motel 6 Camarillo
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Made reservations for 6 nights. Checked in afternoon first day (SUN). First full day(MON) left for most of day, returned to motel and card key would not work. Had to reprogram it. Purchased WIFI service and was given wrong pass word code. Had to go back to office for correct code. Second day(TUES) same thing, card key had to be reprogramed. Ice machines broken and they had no clue as to when they would be repaired. Was told by front office to go and purchase ice myself and they would refund the price of it. What would I do with 5 pounds of ice with no ice chest? Room very small with no place to unpack and put clothing. Bed very unconfortable. Non-
smoking room but bed cover had burn holes in it from some one smoking in bed. I know it was washed and came from another room but the staff still should have been able to see the burn holes like I was able to.
facing 3 more nights at motel hell, will up date his review as needed.

Room Tip: Sleep in your automobile before you sleep here. Will never stay at another Motel 6 again. Read all t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I had a relaxing and good rest during my stay at Motel 6 in Camarillo, Ca. The people are friendly and courteous, from the manager to the housekeeping staff. The room rates are also reasonable, and they allowed me to use the coupon i got for the rest of my stay, even if i booked for a nights stay at first, and eventually stayed for almost a week.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bartocal2000
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This property just happened to be in he right place at the right time for me to bed down for the night. I don't think you'll find Tom Bodett staying here.

The parking is great, the location is right off highway 101, there's a pool but I didn't check it out, the room was very small, the internet access cost extra and is of poor signal strength (see image), the room had an immediate and very strong odor of cleaner upon entry,

I hear a dog barking somewhere nearby (apparently the property is animal friendly, so am I so maybe a good thing overall), the TV is comically small (but hey, there's a tv) and the remote works.

Lots of restaurants nearby (D'Amores Italian was very good, but that's another review).

The rate was a few bucks more than expected at $70.10 after taxes on a friday night. Yes, it's an expensive area, but it's still a Motel 6.

Although it's pretty close to the highway, I don't hear much noise (accept for the barking).

Room Tip: Come with very conservative expectations.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Danny_OI812
Reviewed 29 June 2012

If we had not been so very exhausted we would have taken our business elsewhere. The staff was rude right from check in. We had pulled in to check in and my husband was looking at something that got caught up under the car while I went to check in and the (girl) made the nasty comment " you better move your car or we will have it towed, you can only use one space." I informed her we were only stopped there so we could check into our room and that we would be parking by our room. SO VERY NOT HAPPY!
The rooms are very small, which I would not have a problem with if the beds were comfortable and the bathroom would have been clean, so glad I had clorox wipes with me...gross.
DO NOT WASTE A MOMENT EVEN THINKING ABOUT STAYING IN THIS HORRID ESTABLISHMENT...if you can even call it that.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Not only was this place cool with my very old 85 lb FRIENDLY pit bull (all those there, guests and staff alike were oh-so-kind to him), but this place is FUN! Saturday nights took my old pooch w me to the concert one block up (was Beatles great hits, all the kids stroked him). And within walking distance are the essentials of Trader Joes, laundry, great restaurants (including BREAKFAST) and simple fast food. An easy and fun place to stay at. My only gripe is how they raise rates summer. Oh well, I'll come back other times - love them!

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs/downstairs if that's an issue (was for me, have an old dog). Otherwise, think...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank D A
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room was indeed very small, but sufficient. Ample parking. Got more towels easily upon request. (There were 4 of us in the room.) Shower worked just fine. Can't speak about the staff; my sister checked us in, and she didn't mention any problems. Unless you need a lot of room to spread out, this place is fine; I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Smoking and pet rooms are on the opposite side of the building; not facing the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ACW92028
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed for 1 night a few weeks back. First impressions were positive with the Motel 6 being easy to find from the 101. There seemed ample parking space and a nice (but small) pool. The staff on reception were friendly too. We got the shock of our lives when we went to our room though...it was tiny. With 2 double beds in it there was hardly any free space elsewhere to put things. That aside it was clean. The location generally is ok with a Jack in the Box and IHOP straight across the road and a huge Outlet Village about 1/2 mile away. I could hear traffic from the 101 from the room so I wouldn't say it is entirely quiet. Not sure why Motel 6 insist on charging 2.99 dollars for Wifi when all the other chains do it for free now.

Would i recommend the Motel 6 Camarillo - yes probably but only if you pack light.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nellym
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Best Western Camarillo Inn
#2 of 10 in Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Motel 6 Camarillo? Share your experiences!