“5 weeks in Camarillo/ Motel 6”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Camarillo

Motel 6 Camarillo
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Camarillo
“5 weeks in Camarillo/ Motel 6”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Spent 5 weeks at Motel 6 Camarillo in between a cross-country move. For the price, it was convenient, well-located with good shops/restaurants next door in every direction, and close to the outlets. The setting is by a lake/residential community with ducks who live year-round. The setting is pleasant, and it is close to a Trader Joe's if you have a fridge/micro in your room. The staff were pleasant and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again - good value, and great area. The rooms are small but cozy. Not the most modern motel but perfectly adequate for the value. I gave it a 4/5 because it is an older motel. I enjoyed my time in Camarillo, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Marine700

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We'd never stayed in a Motel 6 before but had heard that it was reasonable accomodation at a resonable rate. The night receptionist was helpful, polite and professional. We asked for a quiet room as we'd just flown in, picked up the car and driven up from LA. The room we received was clean but (in our opinion) worn and tired, no fridge, microwave or coffee maker and didn't feel in the least welcoming. What was worse was we were woken by local workers shouting and yelling to each other outside our room from 5am onwards. When we asked them to try to be a little more quite they treated us with contempt. We are now led to believe that a lot of local construction workers use this hotel for a base.(the motel's car park was full of construction vehicles pulling out from 5.00am onwards) We would not stay at this motel again and consider it one of the worse we have ever stayed in whilst in the USA (and we've stayed in a lot)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Camarillo hotels

Vrhnika, Slovenia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Spent one night, chosen to be close to the outlet shops. Boy were we lucky we booked online beforehand, the difference in rates is quite apparent. The people are friendly and courteous, from the manager to the housekeeping staff. The rooms are reasonable and the cleanliness OK. Plenty of good eating-out options nearby, also withing walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TineTom
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Made reservations for 6 nights. Checked in afternoon first day (SUN). First full day(MON) left for most of day, returned to motel and card key would not work. Had to reprogram it. Purchased WIFI service and was given wrong pass word code. Had to go back to office for correct code. Second day(TUES) same thing, card key had to be reprogramed. Ice machines broken and they had no clue as to when they would be repaired. Was told by front office to go and purchase ice myself and they would refund the price of it. What would I do with 5 pounds of ice with no ice chest? Room very small with no place to unpack and put clothing. Bed very unconfortable. Non-
smoking room but bed cover had burn holes in it from some one smoking in bed. I know it was washed and came from another room but the staff still should have been able to see the burn holes like I was able to.
facing 3 more nights at motel hell, will up date his review as needed.

Room Tip: Sleep in your automobile before you sleep here. Will never stay at another Motel 6 again. Read all t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I had a relaxing and good rest during my stay at Motel 6 in Camarillo, Ca. The people are friendly and courteous, from the manager to the housekeeping staff. The room rates are also reasonable, and they allowed me to use the coupon i got for the rest of my stay, even if i booked for a nights stay at first, and eventually stayed for almost a week.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bartocal2000
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This property just happened to be in he right place at the right time for me to bed down for the night. I don't think you'll find Tom Bodett staying here.

The parking is great, the location is right off highway 101, there's a pool but I didn't check it out, the room was very small, the internet access cost extra and is of poor signal strength (see image), the room had an immediate and very strong odor of cleaner upon entry,

I hear a dog barking somewhere nearby (apparently the property is animal friendly, so am I so maybe a good thing overall), the TV is comically small (but hey, there's a tv) and the remote works.

Lots of restaurants nearby (D'Amores Italian was very good, but that's another review).

The rate was a few bucks more than expected at $70.10 after taxes on a friday night. Yes, it's an expensive area, but it's still a Motel 6.

Although it's pretty close to the highway, I don't hear much noise (accept for the barking).

Room Tip: Come with very conservative expectations.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Danny_OI812
Joshua Tree, California
Reviewed 29 June 2012

If we had not been so very exhausted we would have taken our business elsewhere. The staff was rude right from check in. We had pulled in to check in and my husband was looking at something that got caught up under the car while I went to check in and the (girl) made the nasty comment " you better move your car or we will have it towed, you can only use one space." I informed her we were only stopped there so we could check into our room and that we would be parking by our room. SO VERY NOT HAPPY!
The rooms are very small, which I would not have a problem with if the beds were comfortable and the bathroom would have been clean, so glad I had clorox wipes with me...gross.
DO NOT WASTE A MOMENT EVEN THINKING ABOUT STAYING IN THIS HORRID ESTABLISHMENT...if you can even call it that.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business