“Avoid their sushi but go for their bbq ribs”
Review of Sumo Sushi

Sumo Sushi
Ranked #61 of 203 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Camarillo, California
“Avoid their sushi but go for their bbq ribs”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Their lunch menu is fairly priced-I always get the three item combo which consists of korean bbq ribs (2) and teriyaki salmon. The ribs are really good and so is the salmon but it is really thinly sliced. Salad is good too. However, I ordered spicy tuna before and when they gave it to me, I can so tell that it's not tuna - some food coloring was added so don't go for their sushi.......

• Visited November 2013

Camarillo, California
“Nice sushi place”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I don't eat fish, so I am strictly talking about their vegetarian rolls. They have a few and the ones I had were good. The place was empty on a Thursday night around 8A. Its a big restaurant. They have several cold sake's to choose from. I like the asparagus and vegetarian rolls.

Visited November 2013
Malibu, California, United States
“Great lunch spot for Sushi”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stopped by for lunch and my 12 year old was hungry for Sushi after a water polo match. Nicely appointed, decent sized sushi bar and restaurant. Service was friendly and very good. We had soup, edamamae, Shomai and sushi, all of which was delicious with reasonable prices. We ate at the sushi bar but there is plenty of table space.

• Visited October 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Go for the Sushi Rolls”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The negiri sushi at Sumo is acceptable and the prices are downright cheap, but I would emphase the rolls, particularly the more creative ones, like the Sensual Pleasure roll. I'll let you just image what goes into that one. Tempura is a bit greasy. There's a good list of sakes, wines, and beers. The negiri sushi and sashimi are pretty basic. Service is excellent and the ambience is pretty standard Japanese restaurant. I gave Sumo Sushi a very good for the sushi rolls.

• Visited October 2012
Irvine, California
“Great Sushi/ Great Price”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I have been there many times over the past 5 years. Also gotten takeout countless time. Fish has always been fresh, and tasty and doesnt break your wallet like sushi sometimes can. Only thing I would improve on is the atmosphere. Floor is clean, just kind of dated, just could use a little modern upgrade along with the outdoor seating area. It could be a really cool outdoor seating area.

Staff and Sushi chefs are very friendly as well as prompt. Great restaurant will be back for a long time. Last time we went in there they also had Sapporros on Draft.

• Visited September 2012