“Lovely Romantic Inn”
Review of Blue Dolphin Inn

Blue Dolphin Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst travelling between LA and San Francisco. Whilst I was travelling alone, this adults only hotel is clearly set up for couples.

The staff on the desk were helpful and friendly, and my standard King Size room at the back of the property was very pleasant. It was large, beautifully decorated with a lovely atmospheric fireplace, a clean and compact bathroom with lovely toiletries, cookes, chocolates and a great coffee machine all there ready for me to enjoy. In the morning my breakfast was delivered to my room, which was a really nice way of doing it. Very nice.

The location of the hotel, adjacent to Moonstone Beach, is a wonderful location. I enjoyed a stroll along the beachfront to watch the seals, and wandered down to the shore to watch the sunset. All this would have been much more fun if I had had my beau along with me for the trip. Indeed, from the guest book in my hotel room, many of the previous occupants seem to have been happy couples on their honeymoon.

All in all I thought this hotel was really lovely. The only things stopping me from giving it 5 spots on my review was that my room wasn't ready at the check in time of 3pm. I had to wait until 3.30pm until they had finished cleaning it, which really isn't acceptable when the advertised check in time is 3. Furthermore, I could not get the wifi to work on my iPad. The very helpful desk staff attempted to assist me, but to no avail. I'm not sure why the wifi in this place was an issue, but being so far away from home it's really a dealbreaker for me to be able to get onto my email and be able to Skype my loved-ones.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us on Moonstone Beach. I am excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I am sorry that you experienced problems with the WIFI. I checked with our IT department and apparently the router near your guest room was unplugged. My maintenance department has taken the necessary precautions to prevent this from happening in the future. I appreciate your comments and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Sincerely

Reviewed 27 October 2013

On our trip up CA. route 1, we had the pleasure of staying here in Cambria. This is a wonderful, small inn located right on the Pacific. Rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. We had a view of the ocean and enjoyed a cocktail in the room in front of the fireplace. Yes, all the rooms have fireplaces. Breakfast, ordered the evening before, was delivered to our room. I enjoyed a fresh bagel filled with lots of smoked salmon and cream cheese. What a start to the day. My only regret is that we had to move on and could not stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so lucky to be just footsteps away from the boardwalk and within walking distances of two restaurants. As you may know, we are considered to be the sea lion “station” for the area. What a beautiful time to be at the coast enjoying life.
We look forward to seeing you again when traveling the central coast.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the beach side, and only draw back u had to share patio with 3 people. Other wise very nice. You get to choose your breakfast tell them what time u want it and its there. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for your “awesome” review. Your feedback helps us maintain our high customer service standards.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Regards

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Blue Dolphin on a road trip from LA to San Francisco on the pacific Coast highway on the 18th October 2013. It very easy to find just off highway one. The lady on reception was very good, very friendly taking the time to tell me where we were in relation to the local town of Cambria and where the local eateries are.

The hotel is very well finished, tasteful decor and cosy rooms, it is right on the sea front so more off the jaw-dropping sunsets we had been getting all week.

Breakfast is ordered the night before and delivered to your room, very tasty it was.

A great hotel, my only criticism was it was touch more expensive than I though it should have been in relation to the places we had stayed this week.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us on Moonstone Beach. It is nice to hear that you were able to take in at least one beautiful evening sunset. I appreciate your very nice comments on our accommodations. I am glad that we met your expectations.
We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future.
Regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We chose the Blue Dolphin for it's prime location and it did not disappoint! Unable to book an ocean front room, we chose a partial ocean view, and could certainly see and hear the sea from the armchairs in our fairly spacious room. That said, the sea is just across the little local road along Moonstone Beach - so you only need to go for walk to enjoy the sea to the max.

The inn is pristine - well appointed and decorated, fresh and accessible. Good parking at the rear.

Good coffee and tea making facilities, fridge and modern, very clean bathroom with all amenities you could want. Fireplace in room and large standard fan. Staff were very pleasant, helpful and welcoming.

We did not enjoy the breakfast I must say. But we would still return in a heartbeat. This was a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view on driveway entry side was a very pleasant room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CazzieMelbourne

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations in most areas. It is so nice to hear that the hotel is pristine, well-appointed and nicely decorated. I apologize for not meeting your expectations with regards to the breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and service so that we can provide a superior customer experience.
We hope to see you again soon when traveling back to Cambria

Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

The first thing that hits you is the smell.....of home cooking that fills this beautiful establishment, together with friendly staff, luxurious bedding, jetted tub, coffee maker and the home cooked breakfast delivered to your door with the ocean and sunset views....read the title.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ezzavon
Karen F, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. It sounds like you were checking in when our chef was making our daily fresh baked cookies. The smell of fresh baked cookies in our lobby seems to be a welcoming aspect of our location. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

What a cute little hotel! My sister and I stopped in here after a few nights in Big Sur. The staff was super friendly, the hotel design was excellent, and our room was great. Cambria is such a cute little town, and Moonstone Beach is so charming - we will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for stopping in and staying with us during your travels up the Coastline. We are excited that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed our cute little town.
We hope to see you again soon.