“Perfect Inn with many perks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FogCatcher Inn

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Los Alamitos, California
“Perfect Inn with many perks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We took our family to the Fogcatcher Inn on our way up to Northern Cal. It was such a cute place with many great qualities. Let me just say the view of the ocean across the street is breathtaking. Next, our room was extremely clean and the fireplace was a very nice touch. And, of course, my kids were in heaven because the pool was heated to 83 degrees and they were in heaven that they were able to swim in April and not worry about freezing! I would highly recommend this Inn not only because it is adorable and has many great qualities, but it also has great and friendly staff members who were very attentive to our needs and a yummy breakfast included in the price. So, if you think it is pricey, just remember, you will save money by not having to find a restaurant to eat breakfast. We had bacon, sausage and eggs, and of course the kids loved making their own waffles. Thank you Fogcatcher Inn for being so great!
We have also stayed at the Blue Dolphin, however, they do not allow kids, so we will not be staying there ever again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and kind. I called to see if we could get one night for a quick getaway from the kids. Karen gave us a king size ocean view room for one night. Huge breakfast buffet in the morning saves youn $40 on breakfast with no sacrifice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
AGM_FogCatcher_Inn, General Manager at FogCatcher Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review of the FogCatcher and I am so glad we were able to accommodate you for your getaway! We will look forward to having you as a guest in the not too distant future.

Karen Maraschiello
Chanhassen, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

FogCatcher was a unique Inn with friendly staff and a wonderful breakfast! We loved the large room and the location on the beach. As we checked out we talked with the staff about their planned renovations for this fall (?) which will make a nice stay even nicer. We enjoyed it as is, liking the fact that it has it's own style and doesn't look like just another motel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit here with us at the FogCatcher and we are all anticapting the renovation to be in the fall and looking forward to it! We will look forward to having you here after our renovation to see all the great changes!

Karen Maraschiello
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the Fogcatcher whilst travelling north on Route 1. Perfect location just across the road from a beautiful beach with a .walkway leading to a headland from which we and others like us watched the sun go down. Very good accommodation, warm welcome, good full breakfast. The heated pool and whirlpool were unexpected pleasures. Cambria itself is a sweet little place and not widely known, it would seem. I have no doubt we will return and spend more time there before long. Thank you Fogcatcher.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcus C
GM_FogCatcherInn, General Manager at FogCatcher Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
The route traveling north on Highway 1 is one of the most scenic drives on all the West Coast. We are pleased you made us a part of your adventure. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your way back south on Highway 1 through Big Sur.

Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

When I found out that my favorite place in Cambria was sold out I checked reviews on the other hotels in the area and decided on the Fogcatcher. I wasn't a complete bust, but I doubt I'll stay there again. Upon entering the room after dinner, my wife remarked that it smelled like pee. We complained to the front desk clerk and she gave us a bottle of Febreze and said that she would send someone to check it out. Someone never came. The room itself was nice, but the bed was marginal, and the pillows were slightly hard. On the plus side, we enjoyed the free breakfast that included hot entrees, and when we spoke to the manager about the urine smell he was very apologetic and compensated us fairly. Also, as we were leaving after check out, we saw a maintenance person going in with a carpet cleaner, so he took our complaint seriously, something that the front desk people hadn't done.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to review us. We appreciate all our guest comments and feedback. I apologize for the odor in your room. Once this came to our attention, we had maintenance get into the room as soon as they arrived to deep clean the room. We are very sorry for any inconvenience. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly, please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you.

805-927-0859 direct
jdavison@fogcatcherinn.com
Fresno, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Decent property...room adequate...excellent location....great beach access....but minimal customer service. My disabled husband asked the front desk for an extra pillow and he was told no, "there are enough pillows in your room". (He needed the pillow to help position his disabled leg in bed!) We were disturbed by very loud plumbing noises and plumbing repair noises and the clerk I reported it to was VERY rude and condescending! I said it began at 8 o'clock and she screamed at me "8:40"! She was very annoyed at me and kept trying to dismiss my complaints. A stranger who was in the lobby at the same time said something to me about how rude the clerk was and I was SO embarrassed! I reported it to the manager but I never received any kind of an apology from "ERIN". When we returned that evening I stopped at the office to see what had happened with the repair and "CHELSEA" was very rude about it. She was treating me like I was stupid. The manager compensated us financially but the two nasty employees still ruined our vacation. These hotels are a dime a dozen in this area. I suggest if you are interested in being treated with respect, that you moved on to the next one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Suzy E
GM_FogCatcherInn, General Manager at FogCatcher Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay at the FogCatcher Inn. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We constantly strive to provide the best possible service and comfort for all our guests.
Regarding your request, we apologize for the miscommunication as the Guest Service Agent assumed that you were unaware of the extra pillows available to you in the closet. We also apologize for the maintenance issues that occurred during your stay.
Please contact me so that I may have the opportunity to address all your concerns. As always, we fully guarantee the satisfaction of our guests. If you are not happy, we are not happy.

jdavison@FogCatcherInn.com
805-927-0859 direct line
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I could not be more happy with my stay at Fogcatcher Inn! My room was beautiful and exceptionally clean. The staff was warm and welcoming. I wanted for nothing. A big surprise was the amazing breakfast they serve. I was expecting a nice continental breakfast but received a full buffett with pretty much anything I could possibly want. Would I stay again??? Absolutely!!

Room Tip: Any room you get here will be really good, but the mini suite with view is really amazing!