“Single travel”
Review of FogCatcher Inn

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As a single woman I found the FogCatcher Inn an excellent place to stay in my travels. Erin was very accommodating in helping me remain an extra day and her service was friendly and quick. From walks on the beach to romps in the ocean I found my stay here a place for relaxation and fun. The fireplace and comfortable furnishings gave my room an "at-home" feel. All-in-all I will definitely be back at the FogCatcher Inn for my next visit to Cambria.

Room Tip: I found the garden room pleasant. I could open a window and allow fresh air in but without the feeli...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
AGM_FogCatcher_Inn, General Manager at FogCatcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing the FogCatcher Inn! We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you found Erin and the FogCatcher Inn so delightful. We will look forward to having you back as a guest soon!

Kind Regards,

kmaraschiello@fogcatcherinn.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights during our drive up highway 1. The location is lovely with great views of the ocean and an short drive or a walk into Cambria itself. It was sunny but cool and wing during our stay but the pool and hot tub was still lovely.
The rooms are due a bit of an update which I gather is planned, but a generally clean and nice. Breakfast was included and was mostly pastries but nice enough.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AGM_FogCatcher_Inn, General Manager at FogCatcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the FogCatcher Inn and appreciate your positive comments. Our guests feedback is very important to us and we value your opinion--thank you!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice clean hotel. Staff was wonderful! Close walk to beach and also had heated pool for my son!
Breakfast had variety and was always fresh. Complimentary drinks and snack were a special tough throughout the day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie0714

We are so pleased you took the time to review the FogCatcher Inn and your comments are appreciated. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and your son was able to enjoy our heated pool! We hope to have you as a guest in the future.

805-927-1400

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Cambria is a quaint little beach town. A great visit just to relax for a short weekend or to luxuriously rest between your travels between northern and southern California. We stayed during the Memorial Day Weekend. The Fogcatcher Inn is one of probably 15-20 inns/hotels off the coast with great views of the ocean... if you step out of your room. Otherwise, your window will either be facing a parking lot, a wall, or the main street (on the other side). It seemed only two rooms face the ocean, and it might not even be that great compared to the other hotels off the street. No matter, the Inn is literally 30 steps to the beach and that is pretty awesome. You can easily warm up to the foggy morning with a nice run and end your day with nice afternoon sunset walk on the most beautiful boardwalk I have ever seen.

The room was average. Nothing to wow about at all, actually looks pretty outdated, not much decor or details. Bed and linen was ok. I slept ok. Gas fireplace? Meh. The bathroom was average too. I think I've actually stayed in a Comfort Inn with better looking bathrooms. I do, however, appreciate the high vaulted ceilings and the overall quietness of the place. I also noticed that this was a pet friendly inn. I actually thought that was a great idea, but I hope they have assigned pet specific rooms or thoroughly cleaned every room that a pet stayed in otherwise that is just gross. Price for the rooms during the holiday weekend was absurd, with this type of room (especially after comparing the other rooms in other hotels off Moonstone Beach Drive). This maybe the reason why this was the only Inn that had a vacancy at the last minute.

Service was excellent! Front desk was very friendly and welcomed us with some chocolate chip cookies. They were also helpful enough to book dining reservations for us. Housekeeping staff was very nice too however, when we requested that they not replenish the towels or toiletries, they did the exact opposite. I thought they wanted to conserve water/supplies? Their breakfast room was great! A basic, but pretty breakfast: cereal, fruit, waffle maker, sausage, stiff scrambled eggs, pastries, bagels, coffee, juice, teas. Literally kept me full 'til mid afternoon. And the salsa was KILLER! It was so BOMB, lots of chilis and lot's of flavor! Can someone from management email me a recipe of this? And maybe try adding tortillas to your menu for a nice breakfast burrito bar. I appreciate them being aware of their environment and using eco-friendly plates/cups, etc. They also had a pool with a fire pit but it always either too crowded or too cold to use.

All in all, mixed feelings about my stay here. I still appreciate the great service, but I still may try another hotel in Cambria with better rooms for a more comfortable stay next time. I feel like they inflated the price because they can (due to great location and holiday weekend) and housed you in a motel like room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leesheeleeshee
AGM_FogCatcher_Inn, General Manager at FogCatcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the FogCatcher Inn. We do appreciate all of your feedback about the hotel. We are glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and some of the other great amenities the FogCatcher Inn has to offer.

I would like to personally address some of your concerns and have included my contact information below. Please contact me at your convenience.

805-927-1400

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved this hotel. Friendly staff. Delicious cookies upon check in. Beautiful setting. Across from the beach. Very nice room with fireplace. Wish we could have stayed longer. Perfect spot. Close to Hearst Castle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the FogCatcher Inn. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy your stay at the FogCatcher Inn and maybe next time you can make it longer!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel and while a little more expensive than some, the quality, care and treatment as well as careful amenities are worth it. They switched to biodegradable plates in the breakfast room this year and it makes a big difference. Maybe not as classy but works just as well and better for the environment. We go once a year for two days and never regret the time spent even in the colder time of the year. Just love it here. Pool and jacuzzi are great and the fire pit. Not having a workout room would be a problem if we had longer stays but for two days for us it is fine.

Room Tip: Don't pick our room in May. It's ours but any room in this place is great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments about the FogCatcher Inn and happy to know you come once a year!

Look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived to be greeted by friendly staff, who informed us of a free upgrade to ocean view suite, which was very cosy especially with the fire place. Some good recommendations from the staff meant a nice meal that evening at the steak house bar and grill - make sure you head to the far end of town. A peaceful night sleep with the sounds of the ocean in the background was followed by a lovely complimentary breakfast. All in all a great stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for reviewing the FogCatcher Inn; your positive feedback is greatly appreciated! We are pleased to hear you had such a nice stay and glad that you were able to enjoy the sounds of the ocean.