“Hosteling for the adventurous, Cambria's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #11 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Bakersfield, California
“Hosteling for the adventurous, Cambria's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Bridge Street Inn is a model for what the hosteling experience should be. The moment I walked in I didn't feel like I had a place to stay, I felt like I was being welcomed into a home. Great location, super cool owners and staff. Super cute on the outside and in. Considering bringing a short extension chord in case you sleep on the top bunk. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

cambria is a very beautiful town and the bridge inn is a wonderful Inn to sleep and meet good friends, the stuff are very nice. the breakfast is yummy. If I back in california I stay to sleep a next time

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This is a very satisfactory hostel set in a large old house that has been converted. I stayed in a dorm and was the only person in the dorm. Plenty of blankets and sheets to stay warm and comfortable enough.

WIFI is good, kitchen is serviceable (very good, healthy breakfast included) and the shower had plenty of hot water.

Cambria is pretty small, an easy 5 minute walk to the restaurants and shops of town. This is a low key town and hostel, not a place for partying.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kilometres9345
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The exterior of this place has a cottage-like charm to it with its white picket fence, shutters and floral garden. It’s super cute. You almost expect Mary Poppins to come prancing to the front door offering you a spot of tea.

Instead, what awaits you when you walk through the door is a cold front and an indifferent "whatever" attitude. I was totally enamored when I pulled into town - Cambria is adorable - and to be honest, the staff was a bit of a killjoy for the short time I spent there. Not quite what I expected while roadtripping up the central coast and being charmed by this seaside village.

They do offer a simple breakfast and the beds are ok. Parking is aplenty and the price is probably the best you'll find in town.

The highlight of this place might be the lidsink toilets. I don't know why, but I find lidsinks fascinating.

Anyway, the place is fine, I just would've appreciated a warmer human experience as I've had in other hostels around the world.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TravelingThy
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have limited experience in europe, but the decor here strikes me as european style guest house here definitely out of the norm from other hostels I've stayed in. There common area has overstuffed couches, bookcases, and all sorts of bric-a-brac. I don't know if they have changed their rules, but you had to be out and about in the daytime and could not return during daylight hours. I got a kick out of the flush toilets where they have the plumbing that recycles the new water to allow washing your hands starting to see more of those in san francisco now.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Totally the sort of people I'd love to have at home. Banksy books on the coffee table, Adbusters, Malcolm Gladwell, oatmeal with apples and raisins, organic garden. Yet capable of running a business really dang professionally. Met someone staying there who hails from my hometown, too. Lovely.

Reminder to the owners of the place: send me pictures of me with my bikeeee

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My best friend and i were in town for the day....we had decided to stay the night and found this little gem!!! they had one room left and we took it. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. I will definately look into staying at hostels more often!! :)

Room Tip: We chose "room 3"... on the back side of the kitchen. It had its own bathroom and private...