“A true original in every sense! Loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Victoria's Last Resort
Ranked #13 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed at Victoria's Last Resort during a holiday trip up the coast. I can't praise this gem enough. As a frequent traveller, I am often disappointed by the "cookie cutter" approach to Bed & Breakfasts. NOT the case at Victoria's! To start, you are the only guest and the room is GIGANTIC! The decor will probably be most often described as "retro" - but it is beyond that. The place is a true work of art, labor of love, yet completely comfy and inviting. Everything is provided, and any "extras" you made need are provided on request - including what your preference is for dinner and breakfast! Victoria is a great cook, and will happily prepare nearly anything you desire. I whole-heartedly recommend Victoria's to anyone seeking a truly original 5-star experience. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank geneporter00

Reviewed 11 July 2011

The decor is retro and quirky!  The food is fantastic (Victoria is an experienced professional pastry chef and breakfast was to die for!) Kudos on all the great meals I had (pork loin with polenta, yummy).  I had plenty of soaps and shampoos to go around and was made to feel very cared for by Vic and Justin. When I needed something they were there, otherwise they blended quietly into the landscape (which by the way is gorgeous and a birders paradise).   After reading one review about the shower, I was surprised because I have knee issues and never felt unsafe in the shower (which may be 8-10 inches up, not a foot and a half).   The beautiful stone fireplace has a remote control which was very handy for adjusting the romantic flame to right where I needed it, when I needed it. Nights are never "freezing" in Cambria (usually fifties) so I had no problem staying toasty and warm. In all I'd rate my stays as some of the best I've experienced anywhere.  I loved it!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KingnoelHanford
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We had a lovely stay at Victoria's Last Resort. The well appointed room was larger than most Bay Area apartments and comes complete with a fully equipped retro-styled kitchen. The bed was super comfy and the mosaic fireplace in the bedroom was lovely and romantic. There is also a fantastic mosaic shower in the bathroom, which made bathing a whole new experience. The grounds are also very nice with many different gardens and areas to hang out in. I took a good book with me and managed to hang outside for almost a full day to read, de-stress and listen to the birds chirp. Also discovered Victoria has a background in food, so the meals exceeded our expectations and were YUMMY! Of course, you are very close to the ocean and downtown Cambria, if you choose to go explore and eat elsewhere. But why would you need to?
I loved my visit there and felt so much better after returning to Berkeley because of my stay there. Thank you so much Victoria and Justin! We hope to come back to the resort real soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Texicaligal
Reviewed 22 June 2010

What a nice surprise to find this sweet, unusual little B & B on a business trip to Cambria. Stylistically it's so quirky and fun that it was an energizing, inspiring stay. Boldly retro and whimsically decorated with beautiful decks, views and gardens - plenty of nice places to sit with a glass of wine and/or to enjoy Victoria's delicious organic meals. I've already sent friends and hope to take a personal trip back soon. It's perfect for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank jjones097
Reviewed 3 June 2010

My husband and I travel to Paso Robles a few time a month for business and enjoy the B&B experience. I came across Victorias Last Resort located in Cambria, Ca while looking for a place to stay, being that it would be a holiday weekend that we would be in the area. I have to tell you this. On Victorias website there are photographs of her place inside and out. You actually need to see this place in person. The grounds are lovely and actually quite serene. The weather for Cambria was perfect that weekend. Outside you have lovely views of the trees and hills behind her place, and seating everywhere outside if you want to just relax and take in the views and the sounds of the outdoors.

Inside is so much fun! The decor is retro fabulous with brilliant colors of purple, pink and black. Actually, quite romantic. The suite has a full kitchen if you choose to stay in and relax and do your own cooking, the coolest bathroom/shower designed by Victoria, a little media area equipped with every VHS movie you can imagine, a stereo and even a record player with a selection of albums. Its quite and comfortable.The fireplace in the suite is fantastic. My husband and I were very relaxed here. Almost didnt leave the suite a few times. The Innkeepers Victoria and Justin were very accomodating and great to just chat with. Like hanging out with old friends. The breakfast is quite delicious and plenty of it for those with a heartier appetitie. We will definately come back here. Once we arrived, we felt instant relaxation. For those who live in a "beige" world, this would not be the place for you. Victorias creativeness can be seen thoughout her entire place. If you want to hang out in the coolest little town (Cambria) and stay at the coolest place (Victorias Last resort) , you will find thats theres nothing quite like it. Almost like being in a whole different world. Visit soon...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank 1hapicamper
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

We really want to thank you for being our very first online review! We really appreciate it and had no idea how important it was to have these online reviews. It really helped us be found and we are profoundly thankful for that. We have added a few new things since your last visit. We now offer dinner as well as brunch. We hope to get a chance to cook for you again. Many thanks~

Victoria and Justin