“LOVE Victoria's Last Resort!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Victoria's Last Resort
Ranked #13 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco
“LOVE Victoria's Last Resort!!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I came here solo and have been back twice more - which isn't nearly enough. Victoria's Last Resort is pretty much my favorite place to stay, anywhere. It's relaxing and fun, the food is delicious, and Victoria and Justin are great people. I loved how I could set my own schedule, eat when I wanted, be alone or have company when I wanted, play music, etc...The best retreat imaginable! VLC has that rare ambiance where it's perfectly suited for couples, and perfectly suited if you're solo too. Each time I checked out of VLC I wished I could have stayed longer. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
CambriaVictoria, Owner at Victoria's Last Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
We absolutely enjoyed you just every bit as much! So sorry it took me this long to write a reply! I swore I wrote a response but I must have not hit submit. We are the kind of place that adapts to whoever is here, so single or coupled, we are all about making sure your trip is wonderful and that you leave feeling happy and rejuvenated. We like to say there are no rules, but there is one..have a great time here! And so far, that has been the experience of our guests. We are so grateful you took the time to write a review, very appreciated! See you soon, Victoria.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Van Nuys, CA
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We were just at Victoria's Last Resort for the third time in less than 365 days. We found this charming bed and breakfast last year while looking for different places to stay on our honeymoon trip up the California coast. We truly fell into a gem. Victoria and Justin are the best. They make you feel just like family and can't be more accommodating. Her cooking is better than the restaurants in town. I can't recommend this wonderful little hideaway highly enough.

Room Tip: You are the only guest.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank funnyinla
CambriaVictoria, Owner at Victoria's Last Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Third time's the charm? But then again, we were charmed from the first time! Being the final stop on your honeymoon tour was a great deal of fun for us and we have enjoyed every visit since then. We hope you keep this tradition as the years go by. And we will look forward to the next time we see you both!

Morro Bay, California, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Divine, wonderful, heavenly, fabulous, utterly awesome, and simply amazing are a few of the words I would use to describe our stay at Victoria's. Everything was perfect from the private room to the secluded hot tub to the meandering gardens to the indescribably delicious food.

We stayed for our anniversary and this was our first experience with a B&B, and what an experience it was! Victoria and Justin define hospitality and their attention to detail and wonderful conversation make the visit all the more enjoyable.

We went with the Royal Treatment and were served a 4 course dinner on our second night. Victoria took our dinner requests and even though she had never made that type of dish before, it turned out AMAZING! And breakfast was sensational both mornings, the fresh squeezed orange juice was to die for and I highly recommend the French Toast, although pretty much anything we were served was exceptional. In our opinion we could skip eating in Cambria and just enjoy Victoria's cooking for every meal.

Thank you guys so much for making our stay completely unforgettable!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer S
Thank you so much for this stellar review! I loved the cooking challenge and am so pleased it was as you hoped. It was really fun for me to stretch my knowledge and cook something new and different. We still make a few of those dishes for ourselves...wasn't that chicken chowder one of your items? I am addicted to it! Thanks again for the review and let us know if you need to book this year's anniversary!

san francisco
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I've traveled a fair amount but have only seen a place like this in movies or my dreams. For 2 nights I soaked in my beautiful surroundings. I'm a fan of leopard and retro and clean, quiet lodgings. So this place was perfect for me. The fireplaces so cool. Very comfortable bed, nice linens. Victoria and Justin make it clear that anything you need will be taken care of. And there's beautiful sights on the grounds and just minutes away.
The food is A plus. Victoria is a talented chef. They are really chill and interesting hosts. Perfect hosts really. Worth a special trip to the area just to stay there. I felt like a rock star/ bird watcher. The best. You will love it if you love adorable places and people.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Em G
Thank you so much for this lovely review and my apologies for taking so long to respond. I didn't realize it got missed until now and it was so kind of you to take the time to write a review. We enjoyed your company so much and it was indeed a pleasure having you here. I can't recall if we had the hot tub up and running when you were last here, but it is a fabulous addition to the B&B. We hope you are well and looking forward to seeing you again!

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed at Victoria's Last Resort during a holiday trip up the coast. I can't praise this gem enough. As a frequent traveller, I am often disappointed by the "cookie cutter" approach to Bed & Breakfasts. NOT the case at Victoria's! To start, you are the only guest and the room is GIGANTIC! The decor will probably be most often described as "retro" - but it is beyond that. The place is a true work of art, labor of love, yet completely comfy and inviting. Everything is provided, and any "extras" you made need are provided on request - including what your preference is for dinner and breakfast! Victoria is a great cook, and will happily prepare nearly anything you desire. I whole-heartedly recommend Victoria's to anyone seeking a truly original 5-star experience. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank geneporter00
Hanford
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The decor is retro and quirky!  The food is fantastic (Victoria is an experienced professional pastry chef and breakfast was to die for!) Kudos on all the great meals I had (pork loin with polenta, yummy).  I had plenty of soaps and shampoos to go around and was made to feel very cared for by Vic and Justin. When I needed something they were there, otherwise they blended quietly into the landscape (which by the way is gorgeous and a birders paradise).   After reading one review about the shower, I was surprised because I have knee issues and never felt unsafe in the shower (which may be 8-10 inches up, not a foot and a half).   The beautiful stone fireplace has a remote control which was very handy for adjusting the romantic flame to right where I needed it, when I needed it. Nights are never "freezing" in Cambria (usually fifties) so I had no problem staying toasty and warm. In all I'd rate my stays as some of the best I've experienced anywhere.  I loved it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KingnoelHanford
Berkeley
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We had a lovely stay at Victoria's Last Resort. The well appointed room was larger than most Bay Area apartments and comes complete with a fully equipped retro-styled kitchen. The bed was super comfy and the mosaic fireplace in the bedroom was lovely and romantic. There is also a fantastic mosaic shower in the bathroom, which made bathing a whole new experience. The grounds are also very nice with many different gardens and areas to hang out in. I took a good book with me and managed to hang outside for almost a full day to read, de-stress and listen to the birds chirp. Also discovered Victoria has a background in food, so the meals exceeded our expectations and were YUMMY! Of course, you are very close to the ocean and downtown Cambria, if you choose to go explore and eat elsewhere. But why would you need to?
I loved my visit there and felt so much better after returning to Berkeley because of my stay there. Thank you so much Victoria and Justin! We hope to come back to the resort real soon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple