“Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Victoria's Last Resort
Ranked #13 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Victoria's Last Resort was one of the most romantic get-aways ever! Victoria and Justin (and Lemon) were fabulous hosts, and whole experience has to be experienced to be believe. The fire place, the private hot tub, leopard print rug (rawr!), the kitchy decor -- everything was fun and totally relaxed. And don't get me started on the brunch breakfast. Wow.

One thing I didn't realize when I booked - there's only one guest room! So the whole place was just for us. Absolutely worthy of five stars. I feel relaxed just writing this review.

Room Tip: There's only one!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenie20902
CambriaVictoria, Owner at Victoria's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. We are so pleased you had a great time and got to experience VLR. It is hard to describe our place, but we so appreciate it when our guests share their experiences with others. There are so many traditional places to stay, we believe it is time for something a bit out of the ordinary and that is what we created. Thanks for being a part of our experience. Cheers! We look forward to next time!
Victoria and Justin.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Victoria shared that she wanted her place to be different then all the rest and she has far exceeded her goal! We were truly amazed with this place. I do not quite know how to describe it. I will say after a long day of driving down the coast we thought we may have taken a wrong turn and ended up in Vegas! The room decor was a wowser. Leopard carpet, purple velvet bed, pink piano, stone and crystal fireplace (just to name a few), There was a kitchen and bath which were beautifully decorated. It sounds a little wild but was put together so well it was classy. Victoria and Justin are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They immediately made us feel right at home. There is a beautiful huge deck, yard with mosaic tiled fountain, hot tub, and incredible view. We had permission to play the stereo as loud as we wanted, and after a few cocktails we certainly did! We felt like we had complete privacy, yet they were there for anything we needed. Hand made soaps, fresh baked cookies and truffles, and our initials on the fridge! Breakfast was made to order and OUTSTANDING! The decor, tile work, mosaics, shower, even telephone were truly one of a kind. We are so very glad we tried this spot. We were so glad to meet this cute couple. Unfortunately we may not be able to return, because it is a bit out of our budget. (Unless we do hit it big in Vegas!) But we are sure glad we got to have this experience. Thanks Victoria and Justin for the great memories!

Room Tip: There is only one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
CambriaVictoria, Owner at Victoria's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Wow! You are too sweet. We realize we didn't get an email for you and I wanted to thank you so much for the sweet card and those wonderful keys you sent us! That was just the most thoughtful thing to do and we do appreciate it. We do want to add you to our email list as we often have special offers for return guests so we may actually be within your budget next time! Happy you took the chance and gave us a try! :-)

Reviewed 11 July 2012

What a wonderful house, gardens, feast, experience! The owners of the house are warm, generous and informative. I felt so pampered and relaxed. Very romantic with the fireplace and hot tub, not a bath tub, but a hot tub, you own private tub! Highly recommend to anyone wanting to really relax and get away for the every day!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Claudia. We really appreciate your time in sharing your experience. It really helps future guests get an idea of what to expect. We had a great time with you and Shawn and look forward to the next time. You are a great couple and it was really fun hanging out with you.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

If you're looking for a unique experience, privacy, culinary delights and pampering by wonderful hosts, stay here!! Victoria and Justin catered to our every need. We were greeted with freshly baked, still warm cookies and truffles. Our room was clean, comfortable and had a cozy atmosphere.There was a full kitchen, the most amazing shower you could imagine, cozy fireplace, mood lighting, sound and entertainment system inside and out. We had our own private deck with hot tub. The property is lush with gardens, pond, sitting areas and the coolest art creations made by Victoria herself! If you're lucky, you may get to hear Justin's musical talents! Our hosts were willing to prepare our brunch at ANY time requested and ANYTHING we desired. The food truly was magnificent. We'll never stay anywhere else when visiting Cambria!

Room Tip: Only one room, which allows complete privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really enjoyed meeting you and had a delightful time talking to you. We look forward to your future visits and thanks again for sharing your trip with everyone on Tripadvisor. Very cool!!

Victoria and Justin

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I came here solo and have been back twice more - which isn't nearly enough. Victoria's Last Resort is pretty much my favorite place to stay, anywhere. It's relaxing and fun, the food is delicious, and Victoria and Justin are great people. I loved how I could set my own schedule, eat when I wanted, be alone or have company when I wanted, play music, etc...The best retreat imaginable! VLC has that rare ambiance where it's perfectly suited for couples, and perfectly suited if you're solo too. Each time I checked out of VLC I wished I could have stayed longer. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
CambriaVictoria, Owner at Victoria's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

We absolutely enjoyed you just every bit as much! So sorry it took me this long to write a reply! I swore I wrote a response but I must have not hit submit. We are the kind of place that adapts to whoever is here, so single or coupled, we are all about making sure your trip is wonderful and that you leave feeling happy and rejuvenated. We like to say there are no rules, but there is one..have a great time here! And so far, that has been the experience of our guests. We are so grateful you took the time to write a review, very appreciated! See you soon, Victoria.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

We were just at Victoria's Last Resort for the third time in less than 365 days. We found this charming bed and breakfast last year while looking for different places to stay on our honeymoon trip up the California coast. We truly fell into a gem. Victoria and Justin are the best. They make you feel just like family and can't be more accommodating. Her cooking is better than the restaurants in town. I can't recommend this wonderful little hideaway highly enough.

Room Tip: You are the only guest.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank funnyinla

Third time's the charm? But then again, we were charmed from the first time! Being the final stop on your honeymoon tour was a great deal of fun for us and we have enjoyed every visit since then. We hope you keep this tradition as the years go by. And we will look forward to the next time we see you both!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Divine, wonderful, heavenly, fabulous, utterly awesome, and simply amazing are a few of the words I would use to describe our stay at Victoria's. Everything was perfect from the private room to the secluded hot tub to the meandering gardens to the indescribably delicious food.

We stayed for our anniversary and this was our first experience with a B&B, and what an experience it was! Victoria and Justin define hospitality and their attention to detail and wonderful conversation make the visit all the more enjoyable.

We went with the Royal Treatment and were served a 4 course dinner on our second night. Victoria took our dinner requests and even though she had never made that type of dish before, it turned out AMAZING! And breakfast was sensational both mornings, the fresh squeezed orange juice was to die for and I highly recommend the French Toast, although pretty much anything we were served was exceptional. In our opinion we could skip eating in Cambria and just enjoy Victoria's cooking for every meal.

Thank you guys so much for making our stay completely unforgettable!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer S

Thank you so much for this stellar review! I loved the cooking challenge and am so pleased it was as you hoped. It was really fun for me to stretch my knowledge and cook something new and different. We still make a few of those dishes for ourselves...wasn't that chicken chowder one of your items? I am addicted to it! Thanks again for the review and let us know if you need to book this year's anniversary!