“Everything that was expected, and more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Victoria's Last Resort
Ranked #13 of 23 Cambria B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The excellent reviews don't lie. Victoria's Last Resort is top notch in hospitality, charm and dining. In fact, dinner may have been the best meal my wife and I have ever had! Victoria is an amazing chef. Both Victoria and Justin were sweet, accommodating and personable. It was a delight to stay at VLR and I would eagerly do so again.

Room Tip: There is only one room/suite - just to alleviate any confusion
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seth A
CambriaVictoria, Owner at Victoria's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We are so pleased you chose to stay with us on your trip. We enjoyed it and we really appreciate your great review of the experience. Since we don't do any advertising, it is always really great when our guests let others know what to expect...and we are ever so happy we lived up to your expectations! Thanks again!!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was just there this past weekend and this place is great. It is so retro vintage and cool. I loved being able to use the vinyl player and I couldn't wait for the amazing breakfasts each morning. Victoria and Justin are both great people that go out of their way to make the stay memorable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh M

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it! And we LOVED the video blog you did about VLR for California Through My Lens. It was an unexpected surprise and we are so thankful for the review and the blog about Cambria and VLR. It was a delight to have you here, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was the most unusual and memorable B&B we have ever experienced. There is just one suite, so we had the place to ourselves. The decor was amazing and hard to describe: if you can imagine a combination of Esalen and the Madonna Inn this might come close, but you have to see it for yourselves. In a 1950's home overlooking a wooded Cambria hillside, Victoria has created a fantasy in pink, purple and black with turquoise accents. Her incredible mosaic work is everywhere, from the fireplaces and the shower to the huge pond outside. Retro 50's stuff abounds, including almost everything in the full guest kitchen.
We slept well in the comfortable queen bed, and we used the spacious hot tub in the evening and again in the morning before Victoria's delicious brunch - we had the full English breakfast. But the culinary highlight was the dinner. Forget about going out to eat in Cambria, this is the best food in town (and believe us; we've tried other places). We chose the filet (perfect) from Victoria's standard menu, but she'll make something special for you if you ask.
Victoria and Justin were such gracious and accommodating hosts that it felt more like a stay with friends. The price was a little higher than at most B&B's but it was well worth it. We'll be back!

Room Tip: There's only one suite! It's perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H

Thank you so much for the incredible review. We are so pleased you had a great time and thanks for taking time to share the experience here. We so appreciate it! We don't do any advertising at all so these reviews really let people know about our wonderfully different Bed and Brunch. Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I took my daughter to Cambria before her departure for college. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcomed. The innkeepers, Victoria and Justin are the sweetest and warmest people I have met at a B&B. As other reviewers have noted, VLR is not your typical B&B. This place is funky, has stimulating colors (I love, love all the color schemes!!!!), eclectic, and is a beautiful place to unwind and remember the good things in life. You have the entire lower floor to yourselves since there is only one guest room. Therefore you have this spacious room (huge area with a gorgeous magical crystal fireplace, the most comfortable bed, a piano (wish I knew how to play other songs besides chopsticks!), a writing desk, stereo equipment, a TV, and a couch. The adjacent kitchen continues in greater detail with the 50's theme and is stocked with coffee and tea. The bathroom has a unique mosaic style shower that Victoria created and I believe the soap near the sink is handmade by Victoria herself. I noticed all the small details that went into creating this happy home. There are so many other wonderful aspects of this B&B (jacuzzi, water fountain in back, and inviting chairs outside the lower deck area, bathrobes, delicious homemade cookies and chocolate truffles placed in our room the first day...well, you get the picture!). I never sleep in however I did here. If you are open for a different type of B&B experience and love unique decorating styles, you must give VLR a whirl. Thanks so much Victoria and Justin! Our time was short but lovely. By the way, awesome food awaits you here!!! Tourist Notes: Hearst Castle was approximately 15 minutes away. You are also just around a 5 minute drive to the downtown area of Cambria. Down from the B&B is a nice park near the coast where you can walk or run.

Room Tip: There is only one room! Plenty of privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LuvSDenvirons

Thank you for the awesome review of VLR. We had a great time with you and we really appreciate you taking time to write this review! And yes, I do actually make the soaps myself. We hope college is going well, and we hope to see you both for her graduation trip!

Reviewed 28 November 2012

What a place! I spent quite some time researching places to stay in this area for this part of our trip to California (our first holiday in nearly 4 years) and came across Victoria's fabulous home having rejected the majority of places in the area as too swish and corporate. Victoria's has so much to look at and was perfect for nosing around...imagine being allowed to poke around for as long as you like in a perfectly retro but homely place....so many interesting things to look at and enjoy. As a collector of vintage homewares myself this place was just fabulous.
Victoria and Justin are great hosts. Highlights for me included Justin's music (both recorded and the live version with my husband joining in!), Victoria's food ( a wonderful meal rustled up with no fuss and very little notice from us as we decided to eat in after the long journey), a great collection of vinyl to play on the stereo and the little touches all over the place (home baked biscuits, chocolates and fresh fruit, handmade soap, vintage barkcloth accessories, Barry’s tea, classic American furniture, the whistling budgie… I could go on!
Highly recommended place to stay for a totally chilled out experience.
Thanks

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Weebitoffog
CambriaVictoria, Owner at Victoria's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your trip to VLR. It was so much fun sharing my collections with you! And great fun chatting about all things vintage and collectible. Best of luck to you on your project, I think it is brilliant. And it was wonderful to hear your husband and Justin play together, he is quite accomplished on guitar, Justin was impressed. Honored to be part of your California road trip. Thanks so much for everything. Cheers! Victoria & Justin

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We were married 11/3/12 in Nipomo and were originally considering a treehouse in Hawaii for our Honeymoon destination. Boy am I glad we went with VLR! Cambria already had a special place in our hearts and we knew the VLR was THE place for us after looking at their website.

Victoria & Justin (Lemonade & Blue) are the coolest cats we've ever met. They welcomed us into this amazing resort with the kind of old fashioned hospitality you could ever hope for a bed & breakfast to be. This was our first Bed & Breakfast experience, and it is hard to say in words how it made us feel... Let me try:

Romantic, loved, family, overwhelming beauty and pampering, we were "Mom'd", cozy, home, heaven, birds!, style and so much more!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffani C

We really enjoyed our time with you and are so happy you spent your honeymoon with us. It was a wonderful visit and we so appreciate your sweet review of our place. It is indeed a bonus for us that we get to meet such cool and fun people like you. We look forward to the next visit and we are thrilled that we were the first B&B! Of course, this is not a typical B&B, we are redefining the B&B experience as a Bed & Brunch! Thanks again for the sweet review, we so appreciate it!

Cheers,

Victoria & Justin

Reviewed 22 September 2012

My fiancé and I always knew we wanted to be married in Cambria.
From the moment we saw Victoria’s Last Resort, we knew in our hearts it was the perfect place for us to take our vows. We were married in the beautiful gardens on September 10, 2011.
I cannot thank Victoria and Justin enough for their hospitality and graciousness. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day out of this world!!

My husband and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary at Victoria’s a few weeks ago.
It was nothing but rest, relaxation and romance. They catered to our every need and made our anniversary just as special as our wedding day.

We love staying at Victoria’s and intend on making this a tradition every year.
It is the perfect place for a private romantic getaway!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawna S

Our first wedding at VLR! What fun that was. We so enjoyed getting to know you both and your wedding was absolutely beautiful. The vintage dress, the lovely friends, and absolutely no stress, a perfect event! It was a blast gathering flowering vines to decorate the nuptial spot and what a beautiful day it was. We will never forget it. The only thing better, is having you back on your anniversary. We are honored to be a part of your tradition and we look forward to many more years of celebrating this delightful couple. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with the online world. We really appreciate it. Cheers!

Victoria and Justin