“Awesome views, and nicely updated rooms”

Pelican Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed in the ocean view suite, and was very glad we did. I'm sure all of the rooms are nice, but having the huge suite with the balcony to watch the sunset was wonderful. I think the rooms was recently renovated, and it looked very nice. The day we were there it was rather warm, so we had hoped to turn on the air conditioner overnight. However, there was none. Since we decided to just open the windows and hear the ocean waves, it was probably a blessing after all.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pth138
There are newer reviews for Pelican Inn & Suites

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I've never stayed MANY times down on Moonstone Beach, but have never stayed here before because the price was always higher than other hotels. But we lucked out with a very good rate, so I snagged it as soon as I saw it.

Check-in was a breeze, and the guy that checked me in was very helpful. In fact, i'm pretty sure he upgraded us! We reserved a regular two queen bed room, but instead got a large family suite (check out my pics)

It was LARGE and spacious with a nice little patio looking out to the ocean. It was also hooked up with a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, and sink.

We got to talking to one of the workers here during our trip, and was told they were remodeling all the rooms, and the room we were staying in had recently been updated.

Breakfast was very good too!

I would definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Leshaface
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I reserved it in the Internet. It was a family experience with children, grandchildren, grandparents. The staff was amazing (friendly, kind), anything we requested was handled immediately. The breakfast was great, the late afternoon happy hour with wine, drinks for the children, cheeses and sweets were plentiful and good and all is at no extra charge. My son and daughter in law are taking her parents there next week after I shared my experience with them

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2012

For a kick back romantic getaway it's hard to beat Cambria. So it's important that our dining and lodging be equally nice. I had read and heard nice things about Pelican Inn, so we reserved a suite. On the second floor (that's the penthouse in Cambria) we could see and hear the ocean, better than anywhere I've stayed in Hawaii. The two level room had a warm(even a fireplace) cozy but open feel, and the bath was huge. All the staff were very professional and sincer about making sure that we had a good time. From the inclusive buffet breakfast to the wine and cheeze happy hour, it was all about us.

Room Tip: Get the 2nd story facing the beach and you never have to leave your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank randy b
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stop 1 on a 4 night motorcycle trip up the coast. The Pelican Inn is lovely, tastefully decorated, across the street from the ocean. The rooms are average sized but with a nice vaulted ceiling, cozy duvet and lovely linens, quiet and peaceful. The rate includes a wine and cheese tasting each evening and a full hot breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay again.
Our only complaint was that the gas fireplace failed to work the second time we tried to use it.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This was a place ideally for couples even though I did spot a few young kids. It was quiet, clean, and a very good deal. We read and walked the walkway across the street. Wine, cheese, and some sweets in the afternoon and a very filling breakfast in the morning. Free Wifi. You're either gonna stay here and read and walk or take off to some other activity somewhere else and then come back to the room. There is a heated pool and a spa but the day we were there was too cool for us. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Our Room 215 was very roomy and cozy. A walk down the stairs and you would be at the pool.
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We looked at all of the Inns, B&B's, etc and finally chose this one. We mostly went off of reviews. IT WAS AWESOME!!!! Very clean! They had free wine, cheese, amazing little dessert treats from 5:30 to 7:30...then breakfast was also included..that was delicious!!! Didn't expect warm eggs, sausage, home made potatoes and a waffle maker. We upgraded to an ocean from room and that was well worth the money. I loved that we didn't have to drive to dinner...just walked and took an hour long walk in the morning. There a very few flaws to the rooms, a few nicks here and there...but these places are old and they have done a great job with the remodel. oh...one bad thing..bad internet recption in the rooms..but then again.. you're on vacation!! I recomend this to everyone!!! You will NOT be dissapointed! Hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: Ocean view with the patio! Worth the money!