“Coastal getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pelican Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
“Coastal getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

My sisters and I spent 2 nights in Cambria and it was absolutely beautiful! The drive down the coast on highway 1 was breathtaking. We've never stayed at the Pelican Inn nor were we familiar with the area. Neither of us have ever been here. Coincidentally, we came down during the Scarecrow Festival. My overall rating would've been Excellent if it wasn't for the inconsiderate group of people that were upstairs. They didn't consider that someone was sleeping downstairs below their room and they were stomping and making so much noise until almost midnight. Other than that, the hot breakfast, the sleeping quarters, the whole environment was very peaceful. I would highly recommend this place for a getaway. I could've stayed here all week.

Room Tip: Hopefully choose a room where you know that bigfoot and his family doesn't sleep upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Hebrew first
Fresno, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent 3 nights here on the beautiful Central California Coast. We had an oceanfront room on the second story. It was an amazing view and we could hear the sound of the waves all night! Moonstone Beach is directly across the street. We did not hear any street noises at all! I highly recommend asking for a room on the top floor as it makes your view of the ocean better and you won't hear people walking on top of you. We stayed in Room 208...top floor, corner unit. Excellent room with Keurig, mini fridge and microwave. I like that there is an abundance of towels in the room and Bath & Body Works shampoos and lotions. We used both the pool and the spa and were completely alone there, which was awesome. The free breakfast was amazing featuring eggs, sausage or ham...the works! The wine and cheese reception was excellent too. The staff was friendly and super helpful. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Second story, oceanfront....Room 208
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My family and I stayed in town for my niece's graduation. We had been to Cambria, but had never stayed at the Pelican Inn. The room was clean and neat, centrally located, and a view of the pool. The staff was extremely helpful and inviting. The breakfast was phenomenal, my children looked forward to that every morning. The wine and cheese hour was a bonus for my husband and I, where we could spend a half hour mingling with the other guests. I would definitely stay here again and again. Not to mention that it is right across the street from the ocean and a walking path the parallels the ocean front. Thank you for such wonderful hospitality!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We arrived just in time for a free aperitif for hotel guests. Everything about this hotel is geared towards making guests feel comfortable. Reception staff are outstanding. Get a room with a sea view if possible. The sea is just across the road and the hotel is in an ideal position to walk along the coast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Pelican Inn & Suites is a superb property that has thought of everything for a short stay on Moonstone Beach in Cambria. Their ocean view location (across Moonstone Beach Drive from the boardwalk on the bluff above the beach) is wonderful! Their service is excellent, including the food service (hot buffet breakfast and afternoon wine & cheese reception) and the guest services desk. Rooms have been updated, are very clean, well-designed, and comfortable. Beds are very comfortable and have nice linens. Shower/jetted tub combo is roomy, has a great showerhead. Good counter space in the bathroom, as well as a vanity area where they have a Keurig coffee/tea maker. Nice little balcony overlooks the parking lot, and beyond to the ocean. You can hear the waves break but you cannot see them. We highly recommend a stay here, as long as you consider the high price (paying for location and ocean view). Keep in mind this hotel is not a place for infants or young children.

Room Tip: Ask about the view from each room (ocean view, parking lot, pool, hot tub, pathways) before booking.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WhyNotLeaveHome
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed at the Pelican Inn for several years. The ocean front suites are excellent. The location on Moonstone Beach is perfect. Rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. Easy to walk to the beach and walking paths along the beach. Breakfast, afternoon wine & cheese, and desert are provided daily. The staff are helpful and friendly. The only thing I found odd was check in. I understand the need for check in and check out times. When I arrived at 2:00 PM, I was told by the desk clerk that my room was not ready and would not be ready until check in time, 3:00 PM. She knew this without even checking to see if the room was ready or not. When I returned at 3:00 PM low and behold, my room was ready. The desk clerk also knew this without checking. It was almost like the room could have been ready but because check in was at 3:00 PM, they were holding to that time regardless. If you have a reservation for a specific room, which I did, why would you not clean that room first before others that may not have reservations? In spite of this, I like the hotel and its location and will continue to stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Pelican inn & suites last night. Good location, across from the beach, however the room is very dated and worn. I made reservations in August, paid in advance and we still got one of the older rooms, very disappointed for what we paid. Bathroom had cracks in the floor and only heat source was the fireplace. Breakfast was very good. Overall ok, but not worth the money.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple