“Food was disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
atlanta
“Food was disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

After reading the review decided to go here while we were on vacation. The food was very average. We got the brie with almonds and that was just okay. The braised short ribs were so disappointing. They were so full of fat and the sauce that came with it was just okay. All you could taste was salt. Also got the chicken and dumpling and they were better than the short ribs but we are from the south and the dumplings are much better here.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank valAtlanta

Felton, California
“Very Good Service, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a very good experience at the Sow's Ear. Very nice and attentive hostess. Very good and prompt service. Ample portions. We had an entrée of the mixed grill and it was very well prepared and more than enough. Quiet with a cozy atmosphere. The flower pot bread is unique and good. Will return.

Bass Lake, California
“Top Notch Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We walked in to the place in the afternoon to make a reservation for later in the evening, and from there until the end of the meal the service was amazing. Goat cheese, kalamata, stuffed chicken breast was cooked to perfection, and the braised short ribs were melt in your mouth tender. Second time at the restaurant, and will definitely be back. Flower pot bread was amazing, and everyone in the restaurant looked to be enjoying every bite. The restaurant is cozy and the pic decor was charming. The wine selection is local and top notch. Not a restaurant to pass up.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Angela G
California
“Cute and cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been to the Sow's Ear twice and both times were very nice. It is a very cozy comfortable restaurant where you feel relaxed. The service is very good. They serve bread in a little planting pot, it is fresh warm pumpernickle (I believe) and white. The prices are very fair and the portions are a good size. I had the chicken and dumplings and it was very good. My friend ordered the crusted cat fish. (I don't remember what they were crusted with, but she enjoyed it very much!) If I lived close to here, I would come more ofter, but I live in Los Angeles. If you live in the area or are vacationing near by, the Sow's Ear is worth a try. :)

Arroyo Grande, California
“Comfort food at its BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place has some seriously great food. I had the chicken and dumplings and my husband had pot roast and both were awesome. I wouldn't let my husband finish his so I could eat it later, it was that good. Mine was fabulous too. Large portions, but not overwhelming and they really focus on the details. Parsley garnish was a great add to the dish, not just for looking at. Everyone's food looked yummy. Our table neighbors even caught me staring at their food and I had to give an embarrassed smile. They had the lobster corn dogs and rack of lamb and everything disappeared from their plates. We saw others get the Brie appetizer and it looked huge (even better looking than the pictures on here) and beyond yummy, I think we will have to try it next time. Food full of flavor and atmosphere was quaint. Lighting dim, but not dark, really perfect. It is a great place to people watch and check out yummy dishes. I also got the beef veg soup, yum! It was full of vegetables and was cooked to perfection. Oh, and before I forget the service was attentive and very friendly. Overall, one of the best places I have ever eaten. I can't wait to come back and try something new, lots of unique options on the menu.