“Pigs everywhere in the Decor”
Review of The Sow's Ear Cafe

The Sow's Ear Cafe
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Four of us for dinner and all enjoyed the bread baked in a flower pot. The lobster pot pie was full of mushrooms, lobster, and a couple of crab claws thrown in. The rib-eye steak was tough. The Halibut was very good according to the gentleman that ordered it. Wine was priced within reason. And the pigs everywhere in the décor were fun to see.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

A little bit of everything - fresh baked bread (1/2 pumpernickel 1/2 white) baked in a flower pot. So cute. Food was Delicious... hghly recommend. Waitress was absolutely lovely.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife & I came here for our 24th anniversary, and were not disappointed. The service was great, and the food was fabulous. I had the lobster pot pie, which was almost too rich for me to finish. My wife had the Fisherman's Stew, which was chocked full of seafood and delicious. Also, the tomato basil soup was wonderful. Our waitress was friendly and helpful without being intrusive, and we loved the charm of the place. We look forward to coming back the next time we visit Cambria and to trying some new delights!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Sow's Ear was recommended by our hotel manager and I'm so glad she did! The service was excellent and friendly, the meal was superb (love the bread pot!) and the ambience was inviting, cozy and pleasant. Worth a stop in Cambria whether you're driving through or stopping for the night. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

After many years, I have come back to Cambria and had to eat at the Sow's Ear again. It was the same high quality food that I remember from my last visit. We made our selection from the early special menu. On my next visit, I will try something from the varied menu. The house wine was very acceptable. The service was attentive but not rushed. We preferred sitting in the front room, which is lighter and brighter that the back room. Both are the same when the sun goes down. We arrived at 5:30, with a reservation, and watched the restaurant fill up by the time we left. Many locals were there as well as travelers.