“Chicken and dumplings yum”
Review of The Sow's Ear Cafe

The Sow's Ear Cafe
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Cambria
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We went for early dinner, food and service were both good. Prices were reasonable. We were not disappointed

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We enjoyed dinner here our first night. The food is much better than name and decor might indicate. I am Gluten free, greens free and no beef and they were able to accommodate my requirements with no problem. Food was very good, hubby wanted to go back second night as well.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews and reading the menu online we had to try this place out. We made a reservation the food was definitely worth it! The flower pot bread was so good we had to get a second one. I had the braised shirt rib my husband the rack of lamb. Service and food were incredible we will be back!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

My wife has special foods needs. We found this restaurant willing to accommodate her...and they did so with enthusiasm and sincere intent to make her happy. Our waitress was very pleasant and you could tell the owner ran a professional yet warm operation.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

The Sow's Ear, now I'll admit does not sound like such a great name for a dinner place. Friends told us they went here a year ago and had a good time.

Now Cambria is an odd town, it seems to have a lot of tourista kind 'a places. No matter how much I searched nothing jumped out as Hay You WANT to eat HERE!

And to make it worst, it was going to be the night of my b'day ;-( I was so hoping for something great and best I could find was ....The Sow's Ear.

We walked in after finding a parking spot right out front. One table was getting ready to order, I heard the guy ask for the ChickenFriedSteak special. We got an OK bottle of wine and kicked back. The place was not in a rush and we had no place to go.

We had a late brunch so we were not starving so lovely wife had Fresh Salmon in Parchment; she was not wild about it and I still had ChickenFriedSteak in my mind so I ordered that; it was big and would have been nice if they put some of the gravy on the mashed potatoes.

Funny thing was they had another couple come in and I know they were attempting to push some shrimp special no one went for; the guy asked for the CheckenFriedSteak. That was three for three tables.