“Perfect Get-A-Way”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
the kitchenette
gurgling fountain
garden room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spotlessly clean!
Beautifully decorated!
Yummy breakfast!
Quiet!
Everything we needed, at our fingertips!
Close proximity to everything!

Liked best: The decor
Liked least: Nothing
Older travelers
pat q
Glendale, California
“I agree with what everyone said except...”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

our host went out of town for that weekend. Everything was great the first 2 nights that we were there. She left us breakfast of 3 scones and some homemade granola, a small pitcher of milk and some yogurt and a large bowl of fruit. The breakfast was great as we were to going hiking for 3 1/2 hours. We ate the fruit throughout the day. I was looking forward to another wonderful breakfast Sunday morning, thinking her husband would leave it outside our door. Sunday is the day we enjoy breakfast in bed. Breakfast never came and we had eaten the scones, 1/2 of the granola and yogurt, all of the milk & fruit on Saturday. It was 8am and I went to ask her husband but he was gone. So we had some dry granola, a little yogurt, no milk for the coffee and some leftover tortillas from Sat. lunch. I was so disappointed. I sent her a nice email asking her about the breakfast, hoping that there was some mistake and this was her answer:
Hi Pat,
Thank you so much for staying with us and I do appreciate the feedback. I usually ask if you need anything else before Sunday and apologize about the scones and milk..
Sometimes we have food left over, you never know what people like and don't like.
I hope that you both return and I will be able to meet you both then and make up the Sunday breakfast..
All the best and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Blessings,
Denise

Now, what do you think that she should have said? Her answer only made me mad. Apparently the food she left for us was supposed to be for 2 days but she didn't tell us that. I expected a more sincere apology and a possibly an offer of a small refund for the breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of B&B's and have always received a hearty breakfast and an offer of "Let me know if you need anything else". Now I believe that her husband really doesn't have much to do with her B&B because he never really offered anything. I would tell anyone to stay there just as long as she is around. I wish I could go back but now I have bad feelings about it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I really didn't want to sayyes or no for recommending to a friend
Management Response
29 Apr 2014
Dear Pat,

I am sorry you were so disappointed and apologize again for not explaining about the breakfast to your expectation before hand. We are a home stay B&B that has the breakfast basket available upon arrival and a self catering kitchenette.
It is a little different than a larger B&B where a full breakfast is being served.
I am sorry that i was called a way and was unable to offer you a better reception and attention to your needs.

Thank you for staying with us in Cambria.
Zoolook99...
San Mateo, CA
“Charming, clean, cozy, convenient, cordial”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

We will certainly stay at the Sea Star again! It is a lovely spot, quiet, private, scenic and very close to town with great restaurants and shops. Beautiful, exquisitely clean room, refreshingly decorated with a contemporary sea theme, rather than the over the top ruffles and faux Victorian atmosphere you find in some B&B's. We enjoyed the garden and potted plants, especially the variety of succulents. You can see the ocean from the top garden. We loved our long walk on the boardwalk.

The owners were friendly, helpful and available but not intrusive. We left a precious item behind and Denise kindly mailed it to us quickly.

The room has a small fridge and coffee pot, tea pot. We enjoyed our breakfast in bed tremendously, so nice not to have to dress and traipse down to a dining room full of strangers. We have enjoyed meeting new people at other B&B's, but I really prefer being on our own. The fruit plate was excellent, and so handy to have tea and coffee right away. There was a nice surprise of strawberry jam and lemon curds for the scones, which were terrific.

We appreciated the eco-friendly focus and all the personal touches, robes, slippers, picnic basket, basket of shampoos etc. There is lots of light in the room, and the bed was very comfortable, quality sheets and towels, and lots of pillows for reading in bed. We especially loved the little gas stove in the corner, it was just enough heat to chase off the October chill in the evening. Our stay was only for two nights, but was so refreshing we felt like it was twice that long.

Liked best: Quiet
Liked least: had to leave
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Elizabeth...
Corona, California
“Beautiful.”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

The room decor and the garden attached to the room are spectacular and none of the photos really do it justice. It was so restful and only a quick 3 minute drive from the ocean or the East and West Villages. Really wonderful location if you want to stay in Cambria, be able to travel to all the near by beaches and attractions, but not be in the middle of the tourist areas. The amenities are remarkable and generous, and the owners are very welcoming, kind, and informative. If you are looking for a place to stay that is convenient, comfortable, quiet, and romantic then stay here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and relaxing atmosphere of the garden and room.
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing