“Great Getaway”
Review of Cambria Shores Inn

Cambria Shores Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The location is outstanding. The rooms have been remodeled and are very comfortable. The bathroom area feels very spa like. the service is exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was not traveling with my dog this time, but didn't get too homesick because of all the other dogs that were staying there. Absolutely love this place and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 24 had a great patio view and a pretty good view from the front window too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donna A
There are newer reviews for Cambria Shores Inn

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is definitely a dog friendly hotel. One will become immediately aware of that fact when making a reservation and they ask for the name of the VIP ~ Very Important Pooch! When checking in they also provided a basket for our dog which included doggie treats. The room was very clean and big enough for two adults and one very big dog. It also included a fireplace as well as a small frig and microwave.

At 5:00 pm, appetizers and sparkling cider were available in the registration office and at 6:00 pm fresh brownies were available for guests to enjoy on one of the Adirondack chairs on the lawn. Then, at 8:30 every morning a basket with some breakfast goodies was left by your door. It really was a lovely stay and a great location for anyone who wants to travel with their pets. It was our first long distance trip with ours and an absolutely great experience.

Room Tip: While some rooms do have patios we choose the one without because we have a big dog. I believe that...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Leslie1736
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We like to travel with our dog and stayed at this inn years ago when we visited Hearst Castle and it was such a memorable experience, we decided to stay again as we traveled up the coast to San Francisco. We were traveling with family and two dogs this time and this place is ideal if you want to break up a road trip up the coast for a more leisurely drive.

The setting is gorgeous. I live in an area that is near beautiful beaches, but the view from Cambria Shores Inn is a jaw dropper. The room arrangement is more like a motel than a true inn, and the beach is across the street, but we could see the ocean from our room and the grounds are cleverly designed so you are enveloped by the lovely landscape with chairs that are perfect for enjoying the view. The boardwalk is literally steps away and what a lovely setting to get some outdoor exercise.

The inn is very dog-friendly as other reviewers have mentioned. During our stay, I'd say about 80% of the guests were travelling with dogs, which makes for a more personal experience. We received a call from the staff before our stay asking about our dogs and their names, and a personalized doggy welcome bag with treats was waiting for them in our room, along with towels, a bed cover and bowls. It's important to note that you cannot leave your pets in the room unattended, so if you are planning on going to Hearst Castle, look into a pet sitter before you go.

They have remodeled since our last stay and the rooms are well organized. The fridge and counter setup would be very useful for an extended stay. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are so clean, you'd never know they allow pets.

We plan on returning again for more than a one night stay in the future. Lodging is not cheap here, but the location, free snacks, beverages and breakfast baskets delivered to your door make it worth it. When we stayed here, we also received a discount for payment in cash or check which was nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank The_Missus_98
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We took our two teenage kids on a mini-vacation on the coast. This hotel was awesome! The room was super clean, comfortable, and quiet. We enjoyed the basket breakfast every day. We enjoyed the brownies and a glass of wine while sitting in the adirondack chairs watching the sunset. My kids enjoyed the brownies while they played card games. It was a great place to slow down and get re-connected. We will be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janine J
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Was in Cambria for along weekend with friends & had the pleasure to stay at Cambria Shores Inn. It's a beautiful setting right across from the ocean. The rooms were expensive, but scrupulously clean. The bed was comfortable. The fireplace was a welcome addition. Each room had a mini fridge which was great because the breakfast basket was completely lame (just pick up what you want from the grocery store). Dog friendly place. Go!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here with our dog. My first impression of the property was that the main office was a bit crowded. When we went to check in there was another couple there and my wife and I could barely sit on the couch without bumping into the other couple. Once we got checked in we went to our room and we were pleasantly surprised, it was quite nice and had a gorgeous view of the ocean. Our first night stay was wonderful listening to the waves crashing while laying on the super comfortable bed was a perfect way to fall asleep. The breakfast baskets came out around 9am which is a little late for my tastes since I am usually up at 6am for a brief jog and the wife wants to be out the door wine tasting by 8am. So we ended up having to go out to breakfast just to get out day started at the time we liked. All in all I would recommend this hotel to a friend that wants to bring their pooch on vacation with them.

Room Tip: Definitely, ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank McKinleyz
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Love the motel..only slight negative...after a long drive needed to pee and the nice lady that checked me in was a bit slow in allowing me to use the restroom. Might have been my perception.
The rooms are comfy and bed has lots of blankets and a wonderful comforter on top. Gas fireplace with a timer..great for sleeping. The air/heat has a fan option with speeds..loved it as I like the air moving in my room. Heard nothing from surrounding rooms...but, the aroma of POT did seem to find its' way into my room.
Rain shower in tub is awesome..details in the room are great. Pick rooms 13-17 for an oceanview.

Room Tip: for an oceanview pick rooms 13-16...or room I think 25 on the north end.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo