“Enjoyed my stay here!”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Dinas Mawddwy, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed my stay here!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay in a motel and it outlived my expectations! Nice sized, clean and well equipped room. Bathroom was clean and a good size. Bed was large and comfy, lots of wall sockets to recharge my phone and ipad etc. Friendly and helpful staff, and I LOVED my time exploring the area. I'd stay there again happily.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

booked a room here last minute online, when we drove from SF to LA
We wanted to see some of the scenic spots (elephant seals, Pfieffer Beach, McWays Falls,)
We arrived past 9pm so we missed the office staff but they left our key out for us (got my name wrong...)
We got room 3, free wi-fi and parking - good plus
Room was dated and bit musty smelling but clean and basic, could of used a mini fridge and some power points, I had to pull the bed away from the wall to find one
bathroom was very basic and shower was like a dribble but did the job

Would of preferred black out blinds and double glazing as any noise outside sounded directly in our room, lots of door slamming, cars coming and going and staff chatting loudly from early on in the morning.
Also, the staff opened the door on us, despite us calling out repeatedly when she knocked - could of been v embarrassing.

Makes for a good located bed for the night but do not expect anything else

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

It's all relative right? For the area this inn is reasonably pricedm For what you getx maybe not so much. It is an old building that has been done up boutique style. The room was clean and comfortable. You can hear everything that goes on in the parking lot and as people walk by your room. The bed is plush and comfortable with soft linens. You cannot however get out or in it without it squeaking quite loudly. The bathroom was very clean but the shower pressure was abysmal. First it took several minutes to actually get hot, then the water efficient showerhead was so efficient that i was not sure I was going to be able to get the soap off my body let alone the shampoo out of my hair. I am not sure how much water is saved when I have to run the shower for that long to wash everything off.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Nice room, bit of a shock to find there was no air con, but the room did cool down in the evening, shame it did not have a fridge as there was a. Nice bench to sit on outside and a cold beer would have been ideal.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David W
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Clean and large rooms, friendly staff, parking in front of the building.
5 mins walk from Cambria's restaurant and city center.
Go to the deserted beaches and Fiscalini Ranch Trail and admire the beautiful nature (also in Cambria, 5-10 mins drive from the motel)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 2 April 2014

...see if you can get my room. It was at the back of the property(I'm thinking #14 and I'm pretty sure I'm right). Give me a small refrigerator and a tiny range - heck, a campstove might do - and I could live in that room. Scrumptious.

Room Tip: #14 (pretty sure); a "solo suite" at the back of the property. For those who love the exq...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DonnTheHiker
CambriaPalmsMotel, General Manager at Cambria Palms Motel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Cambria.

Thank you.
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here, beautiful atmosphere, clean, tidy, very friendly staff. Cambria is a Beautiful little town.
Highly recommend you stay here!!

Comfortable bed, nice hot shower, nice spacious room, television in each of the rooms.

Wonderful outdoor fireplace that gets lighten each evening.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
CambriaPalmsMotel, General Manager at Cambria Palms Motel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most recent review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our fireplace and enjoyed the quiet setting in our backyard. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Cambria.

Thank you.