“Great Location”

Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Cambria
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill offers our diners breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Diners may choose to sit outside on our ocean front patio or they may sit inside where our large picturesque window allows a vast view of the ocean. We offer fresh seafood, steaks, and pasta. Our specialties include our creamy clam chowder and mouth-watering sauces that compliment every fresh seafood entree. For meat lovers, we offer a variety of juicy, delicious steaks. If you're a fan of onion rings be sure to order our Pork Chops; you won't be disappointed. We are known for our delicately battered fish and chips and our scrumptious fish tacos that make for a delicious lunch plate. Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill also boasts a full service bar where we have a variety of beers and a wine list that features central coast wineries. For the adventurous drinkers, be sure to try something from our special cocktail menu. We take pride in our excellent service and being a kid-friendly establishment with a free toy for every child. While we love pets, we do ask that you leave your pets at home when dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. When dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Reviewed 26 October 2011

One of the only restraunts within walking distance of the hotels. Really good food at a very expensive price. This is a restraunt to treat yourself at. We stayed in Cambria five nights and ate here for two of our dinners. The food was really good both times. There is a nice outside seating area that you can see the ocean from and watch the sunset.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,174)

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Wow... am I in bizarro world? As I mentioned in my previous review I've been eating here for a decade for one thing and one thing only.... the sauteed mushrooms. God himself would come down from the heavens to eat these heavenly shrooms. They are that good. Everything else though sucks. That is until this visit. We had such an amazing meal here Tuesday we actually came back Thursday and had yet another amazing meal! -- is going on here??? It may be the fact our hotel room balcony had a view of the patio and we could smell wonderful cooking scents wafting into our room. *drool*

Tuesday:
Since this place waters down their drinks I had a martini of Maker's Mark whiskey and vermouth. No watering down that. They left the shaker at the table which gave me 1.5 drinks. I was buzzin big time.

Besides the sauteed mushrooms I felt like trying their french onion soup. Unlike their disgusting abomination they call clam chowder this soup was damn good! Really -- good! It was served classic style with french bread and melted gruyere and parmesan cheese on top.

For my entree I had their oysters Rockefeller which is a half dozen oysters baked with BACON, creamed spinach, and parmesan cheese. These baked bivalve mollusks were FABUUUUULOOUUUUUUS. The bacon was a nice surprise.

Donna had the smoked salmon quesadilla which had smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onions and topped with a tomatillo salsa and jalapeno cream. I took a bite and was blown away. It's huge and big enough to either share or have as a meal. I highly recommend. Our waitress on Tuesday was named Jade and was outstanding.

Thursday:
Of course started with the sauteed mushrooms. This time around I tried their rack of lamb chops. These grilled herb-marinated lamb chops were served with a honey mustard dipping sauce, fresh vegetables topped with parmesan, and mashed potatoes topped with garlic cream sauce. The chops were cooked perfectly medium-rare and were melt in your mouth. Not a single hint of gamy flavor. Probably the best I've had actually. My only suggestion is they add a 4th chop!

Donna had the filet mignon which was topped with came with a pistachio butter dipping sauce. It looked like a New York steak to me but she was happy with it.

Everything we had was Superb. If only they put some of this culinary power into their atrocious clam chowder and their pathetic caesar salad!! One awesome thing we saw from our hotel balcony. The patio fills up for the sunrise. Parking was full so vehicles would park right in front of the patio causing everything to start booing, cussing, yelling, and heckling the person in the car. 100% of the time they'd scare the vehicle off. One guy moved and upon walking to the restaurant the patio broke out into applause. Moral of the story is don't park in front of the outdoor patio.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Rushed!!! Food just ok perfect for a drink and appetizer

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Had a corner seat with beautiful view of the ocean and in time for sunset. We had the crab cake as a starter, my husband had the seared Tuna and I had the Salmon as a main course. and then we shared a chocolate cake for desert. It was the most delicious dinner we had throughout our 14 day trip of the Pacific North West!

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Very convenient place especially after making the trek to Cambria. Parked the car at the inn and took a short walk to the restaurant. Service and food was very good.