“Disappointed”

Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill offers our diners breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Diners may choose to sit outside on our ocean front patio or they may sit inside where our large picturesque window allows a vast view of the ocean. We offer fresh seafood, steaks, and pasta. Our specialties include our creamy clam chowder and mouth-watering sauces that compliment every fresh seafood entree. For meat lovers, we offer a variety of juicy, delicious steaks. If you're a fan of onion rings be sure to order our Pork Chops; you won't be disappointed. We are known for our delicately battered fish and chips and our scrumptious fish tacos that make for a delicious lunch plate. Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill also boasts a full service bar where we have a variety of beers and a wine list that features central coast wineries. For the adventurous drinkers, be sure to try something from our special cocktail menu. We take pride in our excellent service and being a kid-friendly establishment with a free toy for every child. While we love pets, we do ask that you leave your pets at home when dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. When dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We went to have dinner here and the true is that unless you sit outside the deco inside isn't that great. The food (they pair pretty much everything with pilaf rice and vegetables and they were over cook) it is expensive for what you get.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Whenever the weather is warm in the morning we head for breakfast or lunch on the patio of Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. It is the only one of two restaurants in Cambria with an ocean view (the other is The Sea Chest).

Food is good and includes all of the standards like burgers, fish and chips, salads, steaks, seafood and pasta.

Try to catch it on a warm day or wear a sweater if the fog rolls in. Just watch those seagull because they'll steal your food in a second if you let them.

Rick Smith

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Good meal and they had LAMB chops. Good location on the beach but it was dark when we were there so we ate indoors. Not cheap though.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We arrived at 5PM before the crowd and had our choice of seating. We chose the outside deck overlooking beautiful Moonstone Beach. The menu had a good selection of items from which I ordered seared scallops in citrus sauce with shallots and mashed red potatoes with roasted garlic cream sauce. WOW, I can't get this meal off my mind. The clam chowder was among the best I ever tried, but the scallops and cream sauce on the potatoes put me over the edge. This review may sound weird but I LOVE potatoes, and I am now obsessed with finding someone in my area who can make this dish. Anyway, I guess I don't need to say that we would recommend this restaurant. The view is the best on Moonstone Beach and the food is awsome, I'll be back.

1  Thank ragsdad
Reviewed 14 April 2012

There was a wait for our table, and not only were we seated quickly, it was one of the best tables by a window! (Even tho the entire restaurant has an amazing view of the ocean) The waiter was attentive, and kept our water glasses and bread basket full. Our steak was cooked just right and our desert was delicious! Great menu.