“Great meal”

Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Cambria
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill offers our diners breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Diners may choose to sit outside on our ocean front patio or they may sit inside where our large picturesque window allows a vast view of the ocean. We offer fresh seafood, steaks, and pasta. Our specialties include our creamy clam chowder and mouth-watering sauces that compliment every fresh seafood entree. For meat lovers, we offer a variety of juicy, delicious steaks. If you're a fan of onion rings be sure to order our Pork Chops; you won't be disappointed. We are known for our delicately battered fish and chips and our scrumptious fish tacos that make for a delicious lunch plate. Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill also boasts a full service bar where we have a variety of beers and a wine list that features central coast wineries. For the adventurous drinkers, be sure to try something from our special cocktail menu. We take pride in our excellent service and being a kid-friendly establishment with a free toy for every child. While we love pets, we do ask that you leave your pets at home when dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. When dining at Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Reviewed 2 March 2009

My wife & I stopped by for lunch last weekend. She ordered the fish tacos and said they were very good. I had the spicy shrimp tacos. They were excellent and I would order them again. We sat out on the patio & enjoyed the view and the weather. My only complaint was there are a bunch of small birds hanging out there and one of them did it's business on my back. Ugh! Other then that we enjoyed our meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,216)

Reviewed 23 February 2009

During a recent trip, we walked to Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill every night for dinner outside, on the deck. It faces west so there is a phenomenal view of the sun setting over the ocean, and later on, the stars are spectacular. Great seafood, loved all the sauces. Good wine list - we liked the Harmony Cellars Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon.

Our favorite waiter was Mario. He is knowledgeable about the menu, friendly and quite funny.

It was very cold while we were there, but between the blankets and the heaters, we were warm enough to linger for quite awhile and enjoy the atmosphere. I'd go back tomorrow, no matter what the weather.

Reviewed 12 February 2009

My wife and I spent a weekend in Cambria and upon reading some reviews, decided to try out Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill for ourselves. We wanted to sit out on the patio but my wife was unsure. The hostess however told us they had heaters and blankets as well. Overall the food was great, the service was fast and friendly, but it was all outdone by the grogeous view of the ocean and the sunset.

Reviewed 6 February 2009

My wife and I are local Cambrians and we love Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. Particularly the Sunday Brunch. The food is always delicious, the service is exceptional, and the view is incredible! Sit outside and enjoy the sight and sound of the ocean. Don’t be afraid if it’s a little chilly, they will happily fire up the heat lamps and they have cozy blankets to keep you warm. We always bring our kids and the kids menu is something they really look forward to and is inexpensive as well. And just as the kids get antsy the server inevitably stops by with a toy to keep them busy while we relax and enjoy the rest of our breakfast. We always bring our out of town guests because it's just consistently great. Try the Clam Chowder and if you go for breakfast my wife loves the Italian Egg Bake! I know I sound like a commercial for the restaurant but try it and you’ll see why.

2  Thank GLSCambria
Reviewed 2 February 2009

This is my favorite restaurant in Cambria, you can't beat the location. It has a lovely wood deck that you can dine on which is across the street from a ocean boardwalk with gorgeous views. This coast line on Moonstone Beach is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful coastlines in all of California. Imagine you can come and sit and have a lovely meal right on the coast...places like this are far and few between. They have blankets if it is windy. The clam chowder is the best on the central coast and the best I've had for that matter...I compare all other clam chowders to their chowder...they have the "gold stardard" for clam chowder. Recently my brother dined with me here and he has a kidney transplant and the waitress was exceptionally helpful in customizing a dish to fit his unusual dietary needs. Our waitress was exceptionally friendly and attentive this past weekend. Overall you can't beat this restaurant for experience and good food. Inside there is also dining and a bar area with a TV if you want to see sports while you eat. The restrooms are lovely and very clean.

2  Thank Makkie333