“Good Basic Food -- Cash Only -- Drought Alert!”
Review of Main Street Grill

Main Street Grill
Ranked #18 of 50 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I have eaten here before and on another occasion we have brought friends up here. Main Street Grill is cash only. It is self-serve where you pick up your own food when your number is called. The portions are a decent sized (side of fries is good for two while the basket of fries is fine for four). The prices are fair for a hot meal especially considering this is Cambria. I had three barbecue beef ribs for $14. Sides are ok. In the past, I have just gotten a plastic cup and drank water with my meal (which I got out of the soda fountain and was traditionally free). But because of the drought, Cambria is forced to take drastic measures for water conservation. I had to buy bottled water for 25 cents (reasonable) and ask for my plastic cup so I could fill it with ice. We still had access to the restroom, but to wash our hands only. Restroom facilities were now outside via a "honey hut" (porta-potty). We Californians can learn from this by taking water conservation more seriously.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Eating in Cambria can be expensive, but our family finally found a great place to eat. We went there for dinner. Their pulled pork sandwich was huge and really good. It seems like where the locals go after reading some reviews. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A casual setting with the best quick meal around. Tri-tip and pulled pork sandwiches are always good. Fries, onion rings and salads round out the menu.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

GREAT food. Good value. Great for families! When we're in town, we usually have our dog with us, and appreciate that we can have her on the patio with us. So we eat here EVERY time we're in Cambria. Never had a bad meal yet, in 20 years of patronage.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Family dining at its peak in Cambria. Wholesome and we'll cooked food with a wide choice. Good atmosphere and a welcoming staff.