“Fantastic”

Price range: US$22 - US$32
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Wine Tasting Room by Day & Restaurant by Night! I think one of the best ways to get the full experience of Madeline's is to visit our open daily wine tasting room where you can try some of the best boutique wines that the central coast has to offer and then finish off your custom wine tasting with dinner in our full service dining room! We thank you for spending a few moments on our website and hope you enjoy all that the central coast has to offer. See you soon! David - Chef/Owner
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I remember coming here years ago and had a great time, at the time it was just the owner and his sous chef running the place, we had a blast- everyone was making jokes, I still count it as one of my favorite dining experiences. I don't think I've ever had such a casual feeling in such a quaint, elegant place with food that good (I had the pan seared duck breast with a raspberry coulis, which was extravagant to say the least). Anyway, I vowed to return someday, and return we did. A few weeks ago my fiancee and I went to Madeline's and had fantastic time, Great wine, great food, great atmosphere. Another thing that I really admire about the place is the mark-up on the wine, I've never seen such great prices on bottles, More places need to be like Madeline's.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

recommended by a friend who had been before a p[lace you should not miss. we all enjoyed the menu and the quality wines on offer one of our high lights.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We visited Cambria while driving the California Coast and stayed on Moonstone Beach Drive. There are a good number of Inns there which have restaurants attached and which were very busy on the night we were there. Rather than wait for a table when the crowds moved one, we drove back into Cambria township to Madeline's which we had seen when we arrived earlier in the day. It is in a small shop front at the southern end of the town strip and it shares premises with a wine bar/shop. The place seats about 35 people and has an intimate and homely feel about it.

The food is based on classic french style but with modern twists. We thought that Madelines was a great combination of friendly, personal service, excellent unpretentious cooking, presented with flair, and all combined with a very good wine list.

The crab and lobster cake appetizers were sweet and soft on the inside and finished to a golden crunch on the outside - just perfect. The stuffed chicken breast is a house specialty and well worth a try. The candied walnuts and brie made a lovely counterpoint to the chicken which was moistened by melted sage butter. Dessert of a lime and raspberry pie made with in- season berries completed a very satisfying meal.

We thought that the disappointment of not having been able to dine overlooking the Beach had been more than redeemed by dinner at Madeline's. This is a reminder that there are small establishments, run by committed owners who love what they do, which can produce meals that satisfy the palate and more.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Madeline's felt like a quaint and cozy place but it accomodated me and 10 of my friends without reservations. The food was very good, the service was wonderful and ambiance was warm and welcoming. Everyone was pleased with our choice of Madeline's.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had dinner here and had printed a 1/2 off wine coupon from the restaurant's website. Went in early on a Monday without a reservation but were seated without issue. We both had the duck, which was pretty tasty. Unfortunately, my husband's was way too rare (we both ordered medium rare) and had to be sent back for more cooking. The scalloped potatoes were great. With the coupon, we got an outstanding pinot noir for only $20. Our service was excellent, even tho there was only 1 server for the restaurant (she had some help from another staff person but still was quire busy). It was an enjoyable dinner.