“A must stay in Cambria”

Ranked #5 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“A must stay in Cambria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

This was our second stay at the Olallieberry Inn in Cambria. The first time we stayed last year, we stayed in the Angel Nook. It was a very cozy and cute room. We found it a bit small so this time we chose the Sunrise Room this time. The room was quite large, has it own bathroom, as do most rooms here and has a private patio overlooking the creek. The room is upstairs. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like family both visits. The staff can't do enough for you and almost anticipate what is needed. They are very happy to recommend restaurants and will call and book a reservation for you. I let them know we were celebrating an anniversary, they called and made a reservation and at the Sow's Ear we were presented with a wonderful Happy Anniversary dessert. The breakfasts are home made, usually a baked egg dish with a fresh pastry. Also, there is regular, decaf coffee as well as all kinds of tea and also hot chocolate. My favorite thing is the fresh fruit with olallieberry yougurt and the home made to die for Granola. To add to the ambience is the massage by Marilyn. Hands down the best one I have ever had. It was so good on our last visit I booked it again for this visit. It was over 12 hours ago and I am still feeling the effects.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Fernando, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

Well if you take a look at my review for the Inn you will see that I was correct. The people the rooms the town all of this makes the Inn the best place to lay your head and enjoy company. So what are you waiting for go the the Olallieberry Inn. Also my other half loves the massage she gets one every year. It is also to bad they only have five cicles to use this place needs at least 10

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

After reading all the rave reviews here and elsewhere, I was prepared for an exceptional experience. Perhaps I missed something, but I was somewhat disappointed. The house was very nice, and the hosts could not have been nicer. However, our room was small, with a very strange shower--one that you had to step down into and where the water ran hot and cold so that you had to jump in and out of the stream. The breakfast was nice, but since I can't eat eggs, I was pretty much out of luck, as we had a souffle and scrambled eggs. I would stay here again if in Cambria, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

Cambria is a delightful little town half way from San Fran to LA. Very close to the amazing Hearst Castle and some lovely beach front walks. Ollalieberry Inn is without doubt the most relaxing hotel/B&B we have ever stayed at. The breakfasts are served individually straight from the kitchen and are superb. Late afternoon there is wine and o'deurves served on the deck. It is just so civilised. Very large comfortable beds Met some wonderful people, especially Fred and Pattie, very best wishes for their golden wedding. The management team are very welcoming, this is a well run house. Thank you from England.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

We decided that for our 26th Wedding Anniversary we needed some time away from it all. What a wonderful time we had! We stayed in the Cambria Room and it was so beautifully decorated & comfortable.

We LOVED this B&B. Everything was great! We loved the charming rooms & attention to details. The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. Both my husband and I enjoyed 1 hour massages by Marilyn. This is a MUST if you stay here. She really has a gift!

The food was really yummy and presented very beautifully. The Inn was super clean. We were amazed at how everyone remembers your name. A great getaway. We will recommend to family and friends! ...:*)))

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

My husband surprised me for a birthday present. From the moment we arrrived, I just knew he picked a great place. The home and surroundings were beautiful and the staff who greeted us made us feel right at home. We arrived in time for appetizers and wine. We met the other guests. There is a creek near the deck where we had wine and we were treated to sounds of crickets and frogs. The entire experience was like being with a loving family. The room my husband chose was a little on the small size but very quiet. When we go back we have chosen a different room. All of them are very nice.The B and B was within walking distance to many restaurants and shops.For breakfast they served yogurt, fresh fruit, olallieberry jam and homemade granola to die for. We were then treated to wonderful hot breakfasts. There are two seatings which is nice for the few who like to get up early. One of the owners gives a massage which was hands down the best one I ever had. It is called a Lomi Lomi. Suffice it to say we enjoyed our stay so much that we booked it for our anniversary including the massage for me.

This B and B is run by the owners. They take real pride in what they do. Everything they serve is home made. The home although old is very well maintained and immaculate. The rooms are modern. This is real quality. Check out their website and watch the video, it's truly accurate. You won't go wrong here.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

Olallieberry Inn is lovely. The garden is beautiful. The house is sweet and cozy. The staff are welcoming, helpful and friendly. They made a reservation for us for dinner and made some good recommendations as well. Upon returning from a long walk and having got a bit turned around, I returned tired and a bit frustrated and too late for the wine hour, but the kitchen staff were happy to serve me a glass of wine, on the house. The Breakfast was delicious. The atmosphere in the breakfast room was lively and warm. Our room, however, was much too small. If you do stay there, make sure you do not get Angel's Nook (of course, the word Nook should have tipped us off! We were not paying attention, obviously). We took a peak at two of the other rooms, and they were larger.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple