“A diamond in the rough!”
Review of Squibb Houses

and 1 more site!
Squibb Houses
Ranked #18 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We were looking for a place to spend the night after visiting Hearst Castle and, after stopping at a couple hotels to check for vacancies, we happend to stumbled upon Squibb House. We were very lucky! Swibb House is very well located, the room is cute and comfortable, we got complimentary wine tastings. The breakfast is included and served to the room. The price for all this was reasonnable for the area. It was one of the nicest room we has in our California trip!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Squibb Houses

Reviewed 28 July 2008

Wow, great service. The owner and his personnel provided fantastic hospitality, the amenities were perfect, and as a bonus, the town is just a great place to get away, relax and eat excellent food!

I highly recommend it. I can't wait to rent the house again!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2008

My family just spent two wonderful nights at the Squibb House. We could not have been happier with the rooms, staff and overall visit. We were there for my daughter's wedding at Robin's and it was the perfect place to stay, the rooms were charming and the house and gardens are beautiful which added so much to the wedding photographs. I highly recommend the Squibb House, (and if you are thinking of a wedding at Robin's it is a lovely way to add to your experience).

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I stayed in The Squibb House the last weekend in June of 2008 and I had such an incredible time. I came to this site to write a review because I just had to tell everyone else how great it was. I am VERY surprized to read some of the reviews and I have to seriously think that they must have stayed at a different Squibb House. The house and staff were excellent. The grounds were so beautiful. The bed was amazingly comfortable. I thought about asking the management about buying the bed, sheets, comforter and quilt I slept so great. Included in your stay is the free wine tasting accross the street which I highly recommend. The house is located in the heart of Cambria. The stores, restaurants and markets are extremely close. The breakfast was fabulous as well!!! There was so much of it that I asked them to cut it in half the second morning. I believe that they get the pastries from the Bakery store on the corner. For our drive home I purchased some more for us to enjoy. My overall rating is beyond excellent. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank strawberry1965
Reviewed 30 March 2008

The house and grounds are beautiful, but manager promised things owner refused to follow through with. I was lied to every step of the way, and then they charged more to my credit card two weeks after my departure. On top of that, the bed was so uncomfortable, we did not get any sleep and kep rolling into each other. I would never even recommend my enemies stay there. My entire experience was completely unprofessional, and I work in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank serendipite
Reviewed 5 October 2007

This really is a nice, quiet place in the old East village at Cambria. The rooms are comfortable but there is no radio or TV only piped music that can be turned on or off in each room and the small communal lounge. We were the only guests on our first night and were able to look at all of the rooms. None of the staff or the owner live on site. We stayed in the Garden Room that has a private porch to the side of the house.
The only serious criticism we have from our two-night stay was of the breakfast. It was to be placed outside our door at 8am, we think it was there way before that because the water for tea was only lukewarm and the coffee was not much better. There were no facilities in the room for us to heat our own drinks and the kitchen was locked. There was a small basket of miniature croissants and cakes and a thimbleful of jam and another containing some sort of spread; could have been cream cheese. For the price of the room this was really not good enough and we did make a verbal complaint to one of the staff but it had no effect while we were there.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank David Price
Reviewed 30 August 2007

We spent only one night at the Squibb House. It was a Tuesday night and the facility was not heavily booked. There was only one other couple there. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was average for a B&B. For the price we paid for a mid week stay, we should have received a significantly better breakfast. Breakfast is delivered to your door in a basket. For each person, our breakfast consisted of a small glass of orange juice, a cup of coffee, a tea cup of cold cereal, a small stale croisant, 1/2 slice of blueberry bread, 1/2 cube of butter, a very small amount of marmelade, and a small peice of some type of danish pastry, also stale.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple