“Wonderful Experience”

Old Stone Station
Ranked #25 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An American style tavern in Cambria on the central coast of California. Family owned and operated for over 20 years. Serving steaks, seafood, salads and sandwiches as well as beer and wine. Two dog friendly outdoor patios.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We arrived late for dinner after sightseeing at Hearst Castle. The staff really knows how to treat people. The atmosphere was more like entering a friends home rather than a restaurant. The food was excellent. The decor was wonderful for the theme of the restaurant, if you visit Hearst Castle this is a great place to visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was there with my kids and grand-daughter a few days ago. We had very good meals for dinner (chowder, prime rib, lobster, and BBQ ribs), all nicely presented and huge portions. The staff was both professional and gracious, making the entire experience a happy one. We really look forward to doing it again...

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We ended up dinning here based on other reviews from TripAdvisor. I enjoyed it. Ordered a prime rib and king crab dinner. Both were very tasty.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My Dad and I chose to eat here because it didn't seem too incredibly busy and their menu seemed pretty good (he won't eat seafood, so we always have to have a variety of options). Service was great and really friendly.

Dad ordered the New York Steak w/ mashed potatoes and a green salad. I ordered the shrimp scampi with mashed potatoes and a green salad. The salad and a bread basket came first. The lettuce was starting to wilt/wilting, but it still tasted all right. The bread was several slices of French bread, which was good.

The steak was....okay. He said the flavor was a little off. The scampi's flavor was good, but the shrimp themselves were overcooked (so a little rubbery). The mashed potatoes were bland. The veggies that accompanied the meal (3 small discs of carrots and 2 broccoli florets) were cold and bland. And unfortunately my Dad was ill all night after

Final verdict: I wouldn't go back. Flavors were good (at least for my shrimp) and service was great, but ultimately it was overpriced typical diner fare (total was about $55 for two of us).

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Last week, I went to Old Stone Station for dinner - it was my second time there this year. The restaurant is very solid, with an interesting atmosphere full of eclectic decorations, a varied menu with reasonable prices, and friendly service. I had the prime rib (large Cambria cut) dinner. Excellent portion size and offerings for the price. I would have no problem recommending this restaurant to friends, and plan to return on my next visit to Cambria.