“A Gem”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 7 July 2017

What a great place to eat. Small, quaint, full of locals, has great food and great service!! To top it off, it won't break the bank. My family and I found place on the last day of our stay in the San Simeon/Cambria area and we we're so upset we didn't find it sooner!! We all ordered the breakfast combo with french toast and it was just perfect. The french toast was thick pieces of toast perfectly cooked, the eggs weren't burnt (I'm always surprised at how many places literally burn their eggs. Eggs are not that hard to cook) and the fruit was fresh and sweet.

We ate everything!! Nothing was taken home in a doggy bag. When we come back to Cambria, we are definitely coming back here!

1  Thank Wester B

Reviewed 22 June 2017

My meal, the chile rellano plate, was excellent. My wife had asada tacos, which were only ok. The fresh guacamole dip was outstanding. It's a funky looking place but the food is good.

1  Thank DrDadrwp
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Our Discover Small Town America Tour took us to the picturesque seaside village of Cambria last December. The Town all by itself is a big treat. The, Cambria Cafe, where we went for breakfast, served up delicious treats!

After being seated by a welcoming member of the wait staff, we perused the menu and took in our friendly surroundings.

I'm a sucker for McDonald's egg McMuffin and they offered their custom take on this fast food classic call the "Mac Copy". That's what I chose. All I can say is WOW. It was sooooo good. Bacon was very crisp, as requested, and falling off the plate. Lots of fresh romaine lettuce and tomatoes.

My wife ordered an equally delicious breakfast burrito. Huge!

As we devoured our meal, we had a chance to strike up a conversation with a friendly fellow who said he was a member of the Cambria Liars Club, a group of locals who meet there weekly to "solve the problems of the world".

I'm glad the Cambria Cafe doesn't exist where I live because I'd be as big as a house from eating too much, too often. If you're ever in Cambria, go there?

2  Thank smalltowns_10
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Not sure about lunch or supper but breakfast is really good. It is a place the locals like and I can see why. The service was good and the food even better. If you are staying in Cambria and you are a breakfast person, give this place a try!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

While walking the sidewalks and visiting the antique shops in Cambria we decided to try this little cafe. While they seem to feature Mexican food, we selected it because they also offered Chowder, fish/chips and other sandwiches.

The service was average. (It seems the waitress, manager/owner and cooks enjoy spending more time talking to each other than to their customers and serving them.). We had to repeated wait/wave down and ask for refills for our drinks.

The fish/chips were good, but not great. The clam chowder was a little watery, limited on clams or potatoes. The BLT sandwich was served with bacon that had obviously been cooked hours earlier for breakfast and wasn't even reheated.

If you need to eat for convenience go for it. Otherwise, walk on and try something different.