“A very good place”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Great coffee; fat tasty sandwiches, delicious baked treats; friendly staff. What more do you need? We'll be back.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

You can get sandwiches and baked goods to eat in the small dining area inside and outside, but this is really a bakery, not a restaurant. All the baked items are excellent, and the breads are top notch. My wife goes crazy for the carrot cake!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Try the almond croissants from this delightful little restaurant. Only downer was the somewhat weak coffee but the croissant melted in our mouths.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

The atmosphere is eclectic and they have an outside table. If you are wanting a coffee and pastry this is a fun place. I bought their biscotti to bring home and they were above average. The pastries are fresh and I enjoyed a french croissant. If I were in town alone this would be a nice place to take a book and settle in for an hour for R&R.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stop at this bakery every time I go to Cambria - they have espresso machines, wooden bench seating inside against the wall (some local groups meet there), parking in front, some small tables bordering the sidewalk, and the best baked goods I've ever had.

It was difficult to pick what I wanted for breakfast last Sunday before I left for my drive to Big Sur, so I decided to just go nuts and get a bunch of stuff: a bear claw, almond croissant, a piece of their artichoke/tomato/cheese pizza (still warm!), and a spinach and feta cheese roll. Hmm, what to eat first? Part of the pizza disappeared immediately, then the entire bear claw - no small accomplishment, considering how large they are! : )

Have you ever eaten a pastry with sugar icing that was so fresh it was almost dewy?

So I left town happy as a clam, sipping my latte, munching my bear claw, and enjoying a satisfying sugar high.