“not worth the price....”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cameron Park
Redmond, Oregon
“not worth the price....”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We usually enjoy Quality Inns...so made a reservation well in advance for this visit with local family. The exterior is of an average motel...but the rooms are below average with thin towels, well worn beds, old furniture, tiny bathrooms. We were really unhappy to pay a premium rate for such a run down place....but lateness of the day prevented us from moving on. We asked for extra towels immediately upon entering the room and seeing the thin towels...knowing we would need them later. The desk promised a maid would put some in our room...but it never came. Hours later, we had to go back and ask for towels again. Dont stay here.

Room Tip: choose a different place to stay entirely !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
California
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel was fine, clean and basic. However the day I checked out there was no one at the front desk, not a single employee on the premises. Other guests were wandering around, there was no breakfast set up and the front desk was wide open. It was as if someone had been kidnapped, murdered or passed out some where or walked off the job. It was creepy. I did call the sheriff who went out to investigate. I never did hear from the manager what happened although I had left a message on his cellphone. I wouldn't recommend this place based on the safety factor and non responsiveness of the hotel manager.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hankapookie

Travellers are raving about these Cameron Park hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I must say I did not look at the reviews on trip ad isor, I was at a meeting in sacramento and wanted to do some gaming at Red Rock (a must play casino I might add...very good payouts)
I looked at my options from placerville and sacramento and was very much impressed but the look, exterior, micro,fridge,new ac,new beds in all the rooms. Adam at the front desk was amazing as far as customer service goes and deserves to be commended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Rockville, Md
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was delightfully surprised by my stay at the Quality Inn in Cameron Park on Coach Lane. When I first pulled in I was a little put off. I'd been traveling all day and by the looks of the exterior I was concerned. However, my initial reservations were quickly allayed. The owner is a young man studying business and accounting who has a reputation, I discovered, for diligence and detail. He is renovating the hotel and is doing an excellent job. The grounds are clean and the pool is quite nice. The exercise facility is limited but the room is spotless and the limited equipment is good. I asked for a quiet room and Mr. Adam Singh gave me a room away from the Freeway. My room was an average sized hotel room but the interior renovation has been well handled. Everything was quite clean and the facilities are up to par. The bed was very comfortable. I had just come from the Los Angeles area and stayed in what was billed as a 4 star hotel. Room-wise, the Quality Inn in Cameron Park was better. I was particularly impressed by the small "continental breakfast" area. When I stepped in I was completely taken by surprise. It was just a narrow, little room, but it was paneled with a mahogany styled paneling and a small "stained-glass" decorative door towards the back. The effect was like stepping into a small London pub room. A Starbucks is a short block away and there are two grocery stores within a ten minute or less stroll. There is also a "village" area that has a number of restaurants. Unfortunately, I did not have time to try any of them out, but with family in the area, I will definitely be visiting the Quality Inn in Cameron Park again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Time Machine on the way up to the Gold Rush Country. Staying here recalls those days so long ago when the family took vacations and ALL motels had this same basic design. Well-maintained and very clean. Beds are fantastic and comfortable. Flat screen TV paired up with 60's coffee mugs and real glasses in the vanity area. Heating & air conditioning units are new and work without odor.

Tiny breakfast room, but they serve up higher end preserves and yogurt than you normally would see at a Choice Property... and superior bread stuffs.

Lady at the front desk was extremely nice. Owner/GM, a young man by the name of Adam, was hot and cold... but the kid is stuck in Cameron Park after all. Both were very accommodating.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WangCung
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Spacious accommodations, complete with microwave and minifridge, flat screen TV with 8 HBO channels, and free wi-fi. Being close to the freeway we were concerned it would be noisy, but in fact it was very quiet in the evening. The breakfast was your standard muffins and danishes, but I was surprised to find a make your own belgium waffle station. It was a great stay for the value.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Casey K
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Very nice spacious rooms.
Outside pool and more.
The staff member at the time was not quite interested and was more busy with his phone

• Stayed February 2012
#1 of 5 in Placerville
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Folsom
Larkspur Landing Folsom

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!