“Great Value”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cameron Park
Reviewed 26 June 2012

After reading reviews for this property, I was hesitant to book it. My fears were unfounded. Everything was fine. The room was typical, the bed comfortable, the shower worked although the head was low, and the air conditioning eventually cooled the place down. The morning breakfast bar was well stocked and the management friendly. The location is good too, because two shopping centers are within walking distance. I'd stay there again. Traffic noise was not too bad, but definitely there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Very well taken care of and quiet on the second floor. We were there for 10 nights and had no complaints at all. The bathroom had a granite counter top, good shower and the maids were very tuned into our needs when we left them notes and a tip. We always had coffee for the maker and clean towels and whatever we needed.
The breakfast was OK, but nothing special. It was in a tiny room that was 8' wide and 20' long with doors one both ends. It served the purpose.
It was located well to other businesses.

Room Tip: Quiet room on the second floor. We faced the parking area and had no noise problem. Very modern air...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We usually enjoy Quality Inns...so made a reservation well in advance for this visit with local family. The exterior is of an average motel...but the rooms are below average with thin towels, well worn beds, old furniture, tiny bathrooms. We were really unhappy to pay a premium rate for such a run down place....but lateness of the day prevented us from moving on. We asked for extra towels immediately upon entering the room and seeing the thin towels...knowing we would need them later. The desk promised a maid would put some in our room...but it never came. Hours later, we had to go back and ask for towels again. Dont stay here.

Room Tip: choose a different place to stay entirely !
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel was fine, clean and basic. However the day I checked out there was no one at the front desk, not a single employee on the premises. Other guests were wandering around, there was no breakfast set up and the front desk was wide open. It was as if someone had been kidnapped, murdered or passed out some where or walked off the job. It was creepy. I did call the sheriff who went out to investigate. I never did hear from the manager what happened although I had left a message on his cellphone. I wouldn't recommend this place based on the safety factor and non responsiveness of the hotel manager.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hankapookie
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I must say I did not look at the reviews on trip ad isor, I was at a meeting in sacramento and wanted to do some gaming at Red Rock (a must play casino I might add...very good payouts)
I looked at my options from placerville and sacramento and was very much impressed but the look, exterior, micro,fridge,new ac,new beds in all the rooms. Adam at the front desk was amazing as far as customer service goes and deserves to be commended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was delightfully surprised by my stay at the Quality Inn in Cameron Park on Coach Lane. When I first pulled in I was a little put off. I'd been traveling all day and by the looks of the exterior I was concerned. However, my initial reservations were quickly allayed. The owner is a young man studying business and accounting who has a reputation, I discovered, for diligence and detail. He is renovating the hotel and is doing an excellent job. The grounds are clean and the pool is quite nice. The exercise facility is limited but the room is spotless and the limited equipment is good. I asked for a quiet room and Mr. Adam Singh gave me a room away from the Freeway. My room was an average sized hotel room but the interior renovation has been well handled. Everything was quite clean and the facilities are up to par. The bed was very comfortable. I had just come from the Los Angeles area and stayed in what was billed as a 4 star hotel. Room-wise, the Quality Inn in Cameron Park was better. I was particularly impressed by the small "continental breakfast" area. When I stepped in I was completely taken by surprise. It was just a narrow, little room, but it was paneled with a mahogany styled paneling and a small "stained-glass" decorative door towards the back. The effect was like stepping into a small London pub room. A Starbucks is a short block away and there are two grocery stores within a ten minute or less stroll. There is also a "village" area that has a number of restaurants. Unfortunately, I did not have time to try any of them out, but with family in the area, I will definitely be visiting the Quality Inn in Cameron Park again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Time Machine on the way up to the Gold Rush Country. Staying here recalls those days so long ago when the family took vacations and ALL motels had this same basic design. Well-maintained and very clean. Beds are fantastic and comfortable. Flat screen TV paired up with 60's coffee mugs and real glasses in the vanity area. Heating & air conditioning units are new and work without odor.

Tiny breakfast room, but they serve up higher end preserves and yogurt than you normally would see at a Choice Property... and superior bread stuffs.

Lady at the front desk was extremely nice. Owner/GM, a young man by the name of Adam, was hot and cold... but the kid is stuck in Cameron Park after all. Both were very accommodating.

Highly recommended.

#2 of 5 in Placerville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Folsom
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Larkspur Landing Folsom

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!