“Don't Go There”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cameron Park
Reno, Nevada
“Don't Go There”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

My grown daughter and I have stayed at numerous Motel 6's over the years to save money, and have come to expect a certain standard: bare bones, but clean and well maintained lodgings. This Motel 6 is an exception, with a dingy exterior and a muddy-colored swimming pool. Outside doors are propped open with rocks at all hours and cigarette butts are strewn around the entrances. The room appeared recently painted, but had an overpowering perfumey smell when the A/C unit (which was missing half its buttons) was turned on, the pillows were lumpy, the mattress sides were heavily stained, the plastic shower head worked poorly, and there was a gob of toothpaste on the towel bar. The room itself was vacuumed, but hallway floors and stairs were dirty and the guest laundry was out of order. This neglected motel needs to have a change in management or lose its Motel 6 status!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
California
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I recently attended a wedding near Cameron Park, where the couple to be married listed this Motel 6 at the top of the "Places to Stay" list. The room wasn't clean. The AC knobs were broken. The toilet was dirty. Worst yet, my boyfriend woke up the next morning with an allergic reaction to something on his pillowcase. His whole face puffed up. I have been nautious with stomach cramps for the whole 5 days since we left there.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Cameron Park hotels

Placerville,Ca
Reviewed 18 December 2008

I drove from the bay area, it was late and I couldn't make it up the hill to my home due to a snow storm. The room was cold and the heater didn't work well. Sheets were dirty stained. One tiny bar of soap was provided. I then booked a room for my elderly parents next to my room. they found hair on the bed after removing the comforter, the bed was like straw and very uncomfortable. Yes, price was just $10 cheaper then a motel accross the street. We should have gone there like our instinct told us to. The clerk was very nice!! I won't be recomending this hotel to anyone. Most Motel 6 have been affordable and very saisfying.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — For the area this motel was extremely dissapointing.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 21 June 2007

I was looking for an affordable place to sleep and shower while up in that area for a wedding and have usually had good luck with Motel 6's. I drove 10 hours and arrived after 9 PM, tired and looking to close my eyes for the night. The place was dark when I got there but not even the darkness could disguise the mold/mildew odor in the corridor on the way to my room. I dismissed it as " oh well what can you expect for the cost". After entering my room I noticed the best light I could get was comparible to a yellow bug-light. There were no drawers in the dresser and the "closet' was a 2 foot pole attached to a wall. When I pulled the sheets back I noticed the linen was stained. I turned the comforter inside out and slept on top of it. Luckily it was warm enough in the room to sleep without covers. In fact it got even warmer the next morning but I couldn't do anything about that since all the knobs on the AC were broken off. I checked out about 9 AM and went to find somewhere else to stay. I notified the motel management and Motel 6 with an email and all either of them replied with was a " sorry you didn't like it". I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

• Liked — Close to freeway.
  • Disliked — Very dirty.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
Historic Cary House Hotel
Historic Cary House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Placerville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Folsom

Been to Motel 6 Cameron Park? Share your experiences!