“A family fav”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A family fav”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We love love love Italian and can be pretty picky. This place is our go to for Italian. We have tried almost everything on the menu and never been disappointed.
My kids can't get enough of the garlic bread and they actually eat the salads because of the house dressing.
If you are driving to folsom for Italian you are crazy when this gem is right in our little town!

• Visited September 2013

San Diego, California
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have been going to Papa Gianni's for years. The hostess' are extremely rude, they don't greet you or thank you when you leave. The customer service is terrible we decided we would order only dessert and get it to go due to our negative experiences eating in the restaurant. When we show up to pickup our cannolis (after calling in 20 minutes before placing our order and told it would take 5 min.) they are still not ready and they haven't even started them. We finally get our to go cannolis and find that they aren't even completely full in the shell! $6 cannolis each you would think they would be filled all the way. Super dissapointing and has gone down hill over the years. We like to try to support our home town local restaurants but we will not be returning.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Abs777
Folsom, Callifornia
“Authentic pizza, comfortable dining!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Liked this place very much. Comfortable décor and dining room, very pleasant staff, despite being seated at the very end of a very busy lunch service. great fresh salad with a nice creamy Italian dressing, red onion, olives, crisp lettuce, cucumber. we had the chicken picatta and the chicken cacciatore. Both very generous servings. chicken picatta was great. both served with penne and marinara, nicely balanced and generous serving. a large group of Italians were eating some seriously good looking pizza, followed by cappuccino and seemed very pleased. Definitely worth the drive from Folsom.

• Visited June 2013
Santa Clara, California
“Very Yummy”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We have eaten here twice and both times it was wonderful. The last time I tried the Ravioli and they were fabulous. It is a small restaurant and it gets busy early. They do accept reservations, and would recommend it.
They do have some booths, but mostly table and chairs. It is a bit noisy, but tolerable. The service is very good. They do not rush you through dinner, which I appreciate.

• Visited March 2013
Shingle Springs, California
“Our dinner experience was not quite up to expectations”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We are new to the area - and I love Italian food - so my wife took me to Papa Gianni's Ristorante for dinner. We previously had lunch there and I thought it was pretty good then, but our dinner experience was not quite up to expectations. I am of the opinion that there are three things to contribute to a fine dining experience; the food, the service and the atmosphere. We were promptly seated for our 6 PM weeknight reservation – although the hostess seemed to be distracted and was not particularly welcoming. The menu is extensive and includes a very wide variety of classic Italian fare. My wife asked the waitress if the Pesto with Spaghetti could be served over angel hair pasta and was told it could be – which she appreciated. We took a few minutes more to consider the extensive options. I ordered Veal Parmesan and she decided on the Pasta with Pesto, both included a salad – but the dressing choices were limited to either an Oil and Vinegar or house Creamy Italian. I would have preferred a few more choices. The salad was served accompanied by warm garlic bread. We ordered a bottle of Italian Primitivo from the reasonably priced wine list – but were not impressed when it arrived in a screw-top bottle – or with the quality of the wine. The waitress also overfilled our wine glasses consuming nearly half the bottle with the first pour; I guess this was to save her the trouble of returning to top our glasses off – which she never did. Our entrees arrived and the portions were very generous – neither of us could finish all that was served. Unfortunately, the waitress forgot that my wife preferred the pesto over angel hair, but to be fair, she did not repeat that preference when ordering the dish; nevertheless she found it quite tasty. My veal was nicely presented – but on the tough and chewy side. For desert I selected the Cannoli, however, the pastry was so hard that it was very difficult to cut with a fork. Papa G’s is located in a strip mall so there is nothing architecturally aspiring about the exterior space. The seating was comfortable and not over crowded but I found the light too bright, distracting from ambiance. I am also not a fan of glass table tops placed over table cloths. I understand the laundry cost savings but it does take away from the fine dining experience. Our bill was presented with a perfunctory thank you and as we left the still distracted hostess did not notice to thank us.

• Visited March 2013