We were bumped from our originally booked resort by Swiss Travel and found this a very poor substitute.Staff were not friendly but we did have a couple of good guides on some of excursions to park and riding. Rooms were dirty, with no phone, no tv or other amenities, not even shampoo. There is not a good view of anything, anywhere at the resort. Cabins are kindly called rustic, that is code for substandard. The pool and hot tub were dirty and cold with no jets working. The food was edible, but as costly as at the best of resorts. I would never recommend this resort. Good idea to take a flashlight as my wife fell off the unfinished side walk on the poorly lit street and ended up needing medical attention which some kindly people drove us to in Liberia. Other than our stay at this resort we had a fabulous time and absolutely loved every other aspect of our trip to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by beautiful gardens just 8 kms from Liberia, we offer a different way to enjoy the natural beauties that surround the Guanacaste National Parks as Santa Rosa, Rincon de la Vieja and Palo Verde.Canyon de la Vieja Lodge offers 50 rooms of which two have access for people with special needs, each has a small front terrace, equipped with double beds, air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Canon de la Vieja Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon De La Vieja Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Canon De La Vieja Lodge Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja