This is an outstanding location to launch your adventure in the Ricon de le Vieja area. On site they have white water rafting, tubing, rappelling, rock climbing, zip lining and horse back riding. The volcano is a short 30-minute drive away and the front desk will arrange a top guide to hike with you. The restaurant is slightly disorganized, with many of the tables designed to hold large groups, resulting in one occasionally eating dinner with another family. The food is quite good and the price is very reasonable. The rooms are moderate with few amenities; do not book this location if you want to stay in your room and watch television. This is not a negative comment about the location; this is a location very suitable for families who are looking for outside activities. I look forward to visiting this adventure lodge again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by beautiful gardens just 8 kms from Liberia, we offer a different way to enjoy the natural beauties that surround the Guanacaste National Parks as Santa Rosa, Rincon de la Vieja and Palo Verde.Canyon de la Vieja Lodge offers 50 rooms of which two have access for people with special needs, each has a small front terrace, equipped with double beds, air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Canon de la Vieja Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon De La Vieja Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Canon De La Vieja Lodge Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja