My fiance and I visited Finca La Anita for 5 nights (Feb.4th-8th 2013) and consider it the highlight of our trip! I had good vibes about the place from all the warm reviews on this site and I was confident that booking as many nights we could spare would be worth it, and I was SO RIGHT!!! There was still so much to do we could have stayed 5 nights longer!
Our experience went above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Everything was PERFECT. Ana and Pablo are personable, knowledgeable and VERY hard working. They seem to remain always available yet they also give their guests space, they communicated very well with everyone and we felt we could trust them. We woke up every morning at 6 a.m. excited for what the day would bring (and I'm not a morning person!)
During our stay we did 2 amazing hikes, horseback riding, visited hot springs, volcanic mud baths, we went zip-lining, and participated in a cooking class in a local's home...oh ya and who could forget our visit to bar Las Vegas?!
This trip was especially memorable for me because my boyfriend proposed to me during our horseback riding/hike adventure to the Cerro Frio waterfall where our lovely guide Edgar excitedly took pictures of my fiance down on one knee beside the most spectacular waterfall I've ever seen! (If you are in fairly good shape I would highly recommend this hike)
I would recommend renting a 4WD so that you have the freedom to go wherever you want whenever you want! Everyone we met at La Anita was doing the same thing.
Half of our adventures were getting lost everywhere we went, it became our main inside joke, as signage is not the same in North America where it's in your face, you gotta be observant to find certain roads leading in and out of the town of Colonia Libertad.
If you are a light sleeper pack ear plugs, but we crashed hard every night from all our adventuring so we didn't need 'em! We heard the mysterious howlers every night off in the distance...
The food at La Anita is super fresh and varied, we inhaled everything they put in front of us! If you are looking to eat out if you aren't near the property visit Dona Rosalba's restaurant (where you do the horseback riding/hiking to the waterfall) her specialty is fresh tilapia and she makes homemade cheese!
We miss you Ana y Pablo!
We will be back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a small valley between the Miravalles, Rincon de la Vieja, and Santa Maria Volcanoes, La Anita Rainforest Ranch is surrounded by an incredible explosion of biodiversity. Our guests have the opportunity to tour our ranch and indulge in gourmet cuisine prepared with ingredients picked fresh from our gardens. We will guide you through rainforest trails, teach you about the flower and heart of palm, fruits and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Anita Rainforest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja