From the moment I arrived, I knew this was a special place. I was greeted at the gates by a smiling member of the staff and two of the dogs from the farm. Pablo brought me to the cabin where I would spend the next 5 nights and it was exactly what I had hoped for - comfortable and quiet, with 360 degrees of large screened windows - very well-constructed and eco-friendly. The deck had a hammock! I am ordinarily a night person, but within a day or so I became in tune with the natural day-night cycle and was pleased to be up shortly after dawn and asleep generally by 10... the sounds of birds, monkeys and other animals or the occasional gentle rain on the roof/deck were immensely pleasing. I stayed in early February and found the climate perfect.
Ana and Pablo were very kind, welcoming and really interesting. This is a working organic family farm with a number of crops with cacao being the most important. The farm tour was informative, fascinating and featured a walk through the rainforest and a cup of the best hot cocoa imaginable - ending with a delicious lunch. The meals were outstanding and the open-air dining experience at the lodge was often highlighted with multiple bird-sightings. The staff was wonderful. I enjoyed speaking with the other guests... as another reviewer put it, this place seems to attract interesting people from all over. It is not your typical tourist destination.
My time was spent locally for 2 days in the farm and village and exploring nearby places for another 2 days such as the national park and volcano and some hot springs where ziplining was offered. Pablo and Ana were very helpful with suggestions for how to spend my days. These are truly wonderful people and this place was perfect for my tastes: natural beauty, eco-conscious, even meditative (bring a good book or two).
I rented a 4-wheel drive vehicle, which enabled me to take day trips described previously. This was my first trip to Costa Rica and I will definitely go back. When I do, this place will definitely be part of my trip as I really feel connected to everything about Finca Anita.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a small valley between the Miravalles, Rincon de la Vieja, and Santa Maria Volcanoes, La Anita Rainforest Ranch is surrounded by an incredible explosion of biodiversity. Our guests have the opportunity to tour our ranch and indulge in gourmet cuisine prepared with ingredients picked fresh from our gardens. We will guide you through rainforest trails, teach you about the flower and heart of palm, fruits and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Anita Rainforest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- La Anita Rainforest Ranch Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja