The mistake? Only staying one night was the mistake. We should have booked at least three, or more. After arriving there and seeing the facilities, it was apparent that this is a very special destination.
Our group consisted of 6 people, staying in 3 rooms. The rooms were incredibly spacious, more like small cabins, and would easily accommodate 4 adults without feeling the least bit cramped.
The grounds were manicured and lush. The several hot spring pools were well maintained. The restaurant was well appointed and reasonably priced, very good food.
Our group did the canopy tour and were well satisfied. I had experienced the zip lines at Monteverde a few years prior, and those are hard to beat. The Blue River's were very good, and valued well at $45.00. Regretfully, we were out of time since our flight was leaving the next day from Liberia, as our group would have liked to experienced more of the tours offered by the resort. Next time. There will definitely be a next time.
The spa included a work-out facility that had high quality equipment, and the massage therapist, Rosibel, did an excellent job.
The roads to get there are good until you get to the unpaved portion, but, for those that have traveled in CR prior, they were no worse than the typical dirt roads found throughout the country. However, if it is your first time travelling in rural CR, don't be put off by the roads - this is typical Costa Rica. The resort is well worth the effort to get to it; I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue River Resort and Hot Springs is an authentic Costa Rica experience in the rainforests of Rincon de la Vieja. Our jewel is the spectacular natural mineral "green" hot spring pools – but that’s just the beginning. There is a large fresh water pool & bullet slide, the spa, botanical gardens, butterfly farm, iguana and frog pond and much more. Set out on several authentic eco Costa Rica adventure tours, all nearby. Eco-tours include visits to gorgeous blue volcanic rivers and waterfalls by horseback, nature walks, volcano hike, zip-lining across waterfalls and much more. The breadth of eco-nature tours will amaze you. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs offers luxury accommodation in new, spacious 720 square foot cabanas. Book your dream Costa Rica vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Blue River Resort & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue River Resort And Hot Springs
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja